Dev Update Feedback/Impressions

To start, the misc stuff from the bottom of the dev update, since obviously the meat of this is the balance changes:

Clown Returns & Orange Glyph Change: Great news, love it.

No Role Incentive: Sucks, but I'd rather wait and have it actually function than be rushed back before it's ready.

Now, onto the meat...

Thanataphobia: This solves one problem and not the other one, which is technically still an improvement! I'd personally want to see this perk be useful for killers other than Legion and Plague, but that part hasn't changed, and giving survivors facing Thana Legion/Plague a way easier and more achievable counter to it by slashing its slowdown if even one guy heals (+ making it an early game perk if it works the way I think it does) is an objective improvement over how obnoxious it is right now.

Fine for now, I'd like to see it improved more later.

Mettle of Man: So, I don't personally agree that this perk has been overall nerfed, but even if you do think that... I would rather BHVR take a swing at making this perk useful + consistent with other tools and fail than them not touch it ever. Making it an actual Endurance perk is fine, especially with the lowered requirement for activating it, so I think at this point... just nix the aura reveal. Have it be a perk that just gives you Endurance for tanking Protection hits, it'd be improved head and shoulders over even its live incarnation. As it stands, maybe this perk is slightly weaker, but I somewhat doubt it + "bad perk" into "bad perk" is a lateral move so I can't bring myself to care that much.

Pain Res/DMS/Merciless Storm: On board with curtailing the PR/MS combo, but I'm not super stoked to see PR/DMS make a return. It'll be less obnoxious than before, at least, but... I dunno, I don't like it. I won't overreact and claim it's the death of the game or that we're returning to a previous, boring meta, but I don't really like this change.

If they could make the interruption not proc DMS, that would be preferable.

Overall despite my misgivings, I feel positive about these changes - at bare minimum, it's nice to see quick and speedy changes instead of deliberating for ages. Even if not all the changes are ideal...

Comments