Don't revert Pain Resonance -> Add a time limit to Merciless Storm

As the title says, don't revert Pain Resonance. Add a time limit to Merciless Storm instead (10-13 seconds duration, so it lasts longer in case of thana/DL or other slowdown being active).

Keep the DMS nerf though, that was a much needed nerf.

Comments

  • I don't see why pain resonance + merciless storm was even a problem at all tbh, storm is a terrible perk as it stands.

    I'm fine with the DMS nerf though only because it nerfs it on Artist, even though it's kinda going to suck on most killers now.

  • Probably because it’ll break something else. My prediction is that it’d somehow make Pigs lunge infinite.

    in all seriousness I thought the same but attached to 10% of gen progress since it started ignoring regression.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    I don't see why pain resonance + merciless storm was even a problem at all tbh, storm is a terrible perk as it stands.

    I'm fine with the DMS nerf though only because it nerfs it on Artist, even though it's kinda going to suck on most killers now.

    I have honestly never encountered that combo and didn't know it was a thing until now, but I agree, it doesn't sound problematic at all. I don't get why they would revert a change to something that just requires to do many easy skillchecks vs something as problematic as PR+DMS

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3106695#Comment_3106695

    I have honestly never encountered that combo and didn't know it was a thing until now, but I agree, it doesn't sound problematic at all. I don't get why they would revert a change to something that just requires to do many easy skillchecks vs something as problematic as PR+DMS

    I think I played against it once and still completed the skillchecks just fine. Never would have thought about it if I hadn’t seen it though.

  • I would rather have a notification as killer, than any kind of OP regression/slowdown.

    The notification was an anti-camp incentive.

    No info = no reason to leave the hook.