I think the upcoming killer perk changes are terrible and restrain build diversity.

I will preface this by saying I like 6.1.0 and 90% of the perk changes there, so being so harsh on the 1st real changes after them is not something I expected but oh well. Granted there aren't many, only 3, all of them in my opinion miss the mark and restrain build diversity, directly contradicting what 6.1.0 was trying to accomplish.

Thanatophobia definitely needed a nerf after the update, and the change is smart in theory, but in reality it bottlenecks the perk to basically only be usable on Plague and Legion, as no other killer can realistically keep 4 survivors injured unless the game has basically already been won and wasting a perk slot for up to a measly 6% penalty just is not worth it. Thanatophobia always was best on the aforementioned 2 killers, but it was an option on others too, now it's basically no longer an option on others while barely nerfing the issue of those 2 killers abusing it.

Pain Resonance got back it's interruption because of a combo with Merciless Storm, which ... wasn't even a problem at all. It occured very infrequently (not in every match for sure), required you to run a very mediocre perk in the first place and when it did occur, it wasn't even overpowered as it really wasn't thaaat hard to keep hitting these skill checks until the gen popped, and even if you missed 1 or got interrupted, the gen would only get blocked for 20 seconds, which while not nothing, isn't the worst thing in the world. Bah, I'd even argue it was a funny little chaotic test for the survivors. But anyway ...

This change made the devs nerf Dead Man's Switch to 30 seconds as to not bring back the Pain Res/DMS combo in it's full power.

I think this change is terrible, they got rid of something that wasn't a problem (and if you think it was, then it definitely wasn't a huge problem.) by bringing back something that was a problem and remedying it by nerfing DMS, which doesn't get rid of the problem, only remedies it a bit, while also having a side-effect of making Dead Man's Switch significantly less appealing on its own, in turn making it only truly good in said problematic combo and, just like with the Thana change, disincentivizing trying this perk in different builds.

Do you agree or do you think the changes are good ? If so, why do you think so ?



Also, rip matchmaking incentives won't be back for another month XD

Comments

  • I think the Thana rework is good. Enty of killers can keep survivors injured, I run Blood Echo and Thana on my Deathslinger, and other "hit and run" Killer's like Sadako can make use of it still.

    I agree with you though on the Merciless Storm combo, I dont think it was that bad a combo.

  • They nerfed DMS cause of the Artist combo she could camp and get free pressure with no problem so they got rid of that issue with pain resonance but added it back but nerfed DMS so it’s not as oppressive.