Endgame perk idea for Killer: Faulty Repairs
Sometimes you shake a screw loose deeper inside the machine….
When you damage a generator BY INTERACTING WITH IT 7/6/5 times, earn a token up to a max of 3. When a survivor attempts to open an exit gate, all tokens are consumed. For each token, 1 random generator will fail and lose 10% of its repair progress, but it will not regress further unless you damage it. Survivors must find and complete these repairs to re-power the exit gates.
Any perks that activate “when exit gates are powered” will have been activated the first time they were powered (ie Hope or NOED). Some perks with limited effects will activate again when the exit gates are re-powered (ie Adrenaline or NOED if it was cleansed but a dull totem remains).
OK guys, I don’t know why but this sounds really fun to me from both roles. I’m certainly open to tweaking some numbers for balance, so give me your thoughts. As it is, the killer has to interact with gens 15 times to get max effect from this - things like Pain Resonance and Jolt don’t count since it’s not a player interaction. 15 kicks - that seems like a pretty significant time investment to me. And survivors just need an additional 9 seconds on each affected gen.
Is this strong? Yeah, I think so, but I doubt it’s OP (though again, correct me if I’m wrong.) I think most killers using this would bring it for passive effect and are fine just getting 1 or 2 tokens through normal gameplay. Either that, or they base their build around it bringing Brutal Strength and perks that could reactivate. This could also be really strong with No Way Out, Remember Me, and Blood Warden. But again, it requires the entire perk loadout for something like this.
Anyway, think of this from both roles. Fun? Too strong? Too weak? Any suggestions?
Comments