Increase the DC penalty or this game is going to die

10 games in solo Q, 10 DC. The worst part is that we could have won if they did not DC.

Remove -50 000 BP per DC on top of the temporary ban penalty. If the player has no BP left, make it negative down to -2000000 BP.

Also the ban penalty should not start at 5min but 20min minimum.

Comments

  • Treating the symptoms without addressing the disease and it will continue to worsen, as it is now.

    I would point out that DC'ing used to never happen, back when the game was more fun and fair for both sides. It is way too killer sided now.

  • My game is starting to crash frequently, that crash that asks me to explain what I was doing right before the crash and send it.

    If that happens and I get a big DC penalty, I am uninstalling

  • @XerraFox said:

    -2.000.000 BP is a little rough if it happens to someone due to a connection error

    But I'm all in for the increase of time

    No dummy, he means -50,000 bp to a maximum of -2000000

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104323#Comment_3104323

    I don't know.

    Maybe a bit more - but yeah, nobody likes being nerfed and there's definitely a lot of pouting.

    Name one survivor perk that is utterly useless now that wasn't before the patch.

    'Fun' is subjective, and from my own experiences seems to mean 'I can win whilst playing chill'. Before the patch, maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of my games had a DCing or suiciding survivor, generally on the first down.

    It's not something that should be encouraged. You don't teach a kid not to sulk by giving in. You wait until they start behaving themselves, then you can have a discussion. Otherwise they learn that if they don't get their way, they just have to pitch a tantrum and they'll get it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104373#Comment_3104373

    It absolutely does. You're deliberately throwing the game for 3 other people because you're having a sulk.

    'It's lore accurate to be toxic'...yeah, I don't think you want to go down that road.

    No, it all comes down to 'I was able to win pretty easily with x strategy prepatch, now I can't - therefore I'm not having fun, therefore I'm justified in ruining games until I get my way'. You can clearly see this watching almost any streamer - note how often survivors cable pull or suicide on the first down, whether they are facing Nurse or Trapper.

    On my end, if I play Artist, Myers, Ghostface or Slinger, people play the game out...maybe 4/5 of the time.

    If I play Hag, Trickster, Doctor or Dredge, I'm getting DC'd on at least 1/3 of the time.

    DS, IW

    It's not about 'disliking getting nerfed'. The changes they brought would have been (mostly) good if they were accompanied by fixes to tunneling, camping and stronger killers. But they weren't.

    The mostly is refered to bloodlust, which I still find unbelievable it got buffed

  • I'm all for raising it, starting to 15 minutes. I'm against the BP penalty.

    There is a condition though: whatever allows casual scum to hold the game hostage when the EGC ends must be fixed first

    @Rudjohns said:

    My game is starting to crash frequently, that crash that asks me to explain what I was doing right before the crash and send it.

    If that happens and I get a big DC penalty, I am uninstalling

    If you get a crash more than once a year, it's likely an issue on your end. If it's not fixed, uninstalling the game isn't exactly a threat..

  • It’s interesting to read so many survivors players confessing they are suiciding on first hook / DC when they don’t like the killer.

    And that’s exactly why they are against the penalties. Entitled and selfish. If you don’t like the game, don’t play it.

  • @drsoontm said:

    I'm all for raising it, starting to 15 minutes. I'm against the BP penalty.

    There is a condition though: whatever allows casual scum to hold the game hostage when the EGC ends must be fixed first

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105634#Comment_3105634

    If you get a crash more than once a year, it's likely an issue on your end. If it's not fixed, uninstalling the game isn't exactly a threat..

    Hahahaha

1 2 ›