Solo-Q Feedback: Game Log

Hi everyone,

I've decided to jot down how my games are going in the current patch; just to show the "average" solo-q experience at the moment. I'm a casual survivor main; as in I only started playing this game about a year or so ago; and I don't have a lot of the perks unlocked.

I'm not going to mention where I think I sit "skill wise" because it seems to derail the concern that's usually being brought up; and frankly it's a non issue in what is essentially a "scary" party game. I consider myself an "average" player; make of that what you will.

I started playing on PC at about 20:00 GMT+3 and finished at about 22:00 GMT+3. The load-out for the majority of my games was Resilience, Lithe, Tenacity, and Unbreakable.

Game 1: Nurse on Backwater Swamp - Overview: Disable This Perk on Nurse - Knock Out. This was definitely a baby killer; as we all managed to lose her in chase multiple times; but she didn't hook until everyone was down; and knock-out made it near impossible to find teammates. I think we completed 2 gens despite that; two teammates bled out; two died on hook. 0/5 stars (4K at 3 gens) (great first game isn't it copium)

Game 2: Blight on Midtown - Overview: Most Annoying Tactic - Body Blocking Hooked Teammate. There's a hook situated outside the bathrooms on the lower floor that he simply body-blocked at 5 gens. By the time we managed to save; 1 teammate was on death hook, and another teammate and myself had been hooked. I think we completed 3 gens when he 4K'd - did have some fun chases though. 2/5 stars

Game 3: Blight on Shelter Woods - Overview: Boring and Forgetful. It was a Blight on Shelter Woods. I think we completed 2 gens. He 4K'd. 1/5 stars

Game 4: Death Slinger on Shelter Woods- Overview: Meh Game. It was a baby killer with noed. They had 3 hooks before EGC; and got their first kill by camping a hook in an open area. I was his second kill; mostly because I was in a bad position, didn't know where the second gate was, was injured and then my teammates left in front of me. Annoying but could've escaped if I took it more seriously. 3/5 stars (2 Kills, 2 Escaped)

Game 5: Oni on Coal Tower - Overview: SO. MANY. SLOW. DOWNS. He had at least 3 slow-down perks. I did have some fun chases when he was in his power though. We popped ourselves into a really tight 3-gen just as he death-hooked a teammate. It was mostly the waiting game after that. He only had two hooks on the three of us that were left - it was a slow but inevitable death. 2/5 stars (4k on 1 gen)

Game 6: Nurse on Haddonfield - Overview: Only Gen Content. It had to have been a baby nurse: they ran agitation, starstruck; and only had 2 hooks on 2 different people by EGC. I think they spent over half the match tunneling a very good Dwight; and only got a hit on him at the exit gate. I only got chased once at the start. 2/5 stars - boring

Game 7: Legion on Wreckers Yard - Overview:...It was a Legion running Than and Overcharge - I don't think any of the Survivors had fun. Our Jeff was definitely new; as he insta-mended; and then I got insta-downed (Leg came at me from the opposite side of the map and only 2 people were injured so I didn't play safe enough: deep sigh). I think we managed 2 gens before Jeff died. Had a few fun chases but he just came back to me after another teammate died; ultimately a hopeless match. 2/5 stars - gens were so painful (4K on 3 gens)

Game 8: Artist on the Game - Overview: It was a good match, I just don't personally enjoy the gameplay against Artist so kind of Meh. We did 4 gens; and between Overcharge, Jolt and Pain Rez we couldn't complete that final gen. I think she death-hooked one of our teammates at 3 gens; and 3 of us managed to stay alive for a while. Two hooks on the 3 of us that were left. 3/5 - a slow death but alright (4K on 1 gen)

Game 9: Nemisussy on Haddonfield - Overview: A Baby Killer. He ran an add-on that made his Zombies zoom across the map. He got one survivor death hook, a hook on another, and then EGC started. I did have a heart-attack at one point when a zombie (it must have spawned there, I didn't know they could spawn indoors, none of us had flashlights tf) blocked the window right next to me, in one of the very dark rooms on the second floor right next to the gen, and hit me as Nem came up the stairs. Another survivor took last chase from me and ended up in the basement; they insta-killed themselves on hook. I don't know if it was an intended pity kill or they didn't want to bother with an attempted rescue as they were being camped. 4/5 stars - cute game (1K, 3 Escaped)

Game 10: Freddy on Coldwin - Overview: Teammate Un-Alived Themself at 5 Gens. I don't really enjoy playing against Freddy and they didn't really give chase. I got barely a min or two of chase in the time before he'd hooked my last teammate and finally committed to chase me. Sad that I didn't know he had fully-prepped Spirit Fury. We did complete 4 gens though. Ultimately kind of pointless. Also, the clocks spawned in literally the four corners of the map which was really annoying especially when trying to push the last two gens. (4k on 1 gen)

Killer Perk Notes: Killers were running Overcharge and / or Thana in over half these matches. About half the Killers were running, what I felt like, were really good add-ons: first nurse had full range add-ons, both blights had vial; i think leg was running pills (?), nem had really fast zombies, and Freddy was pracially silent while we were in dream state - even managed a yoink off a gen at the start.

Overall Feelings Coming Away From Gaming Session: I felt like a majority of the games were pointless. As in, even trying as hard as we can, it'd inevitably lead to a death hook. It even ruins the really long and fun chases because ultimately it won't matter and you're not getting out of there. I did enjoy some teammate interaction though; had a few friendly nods, points and tea-bags. I did enjoy quite a few chases, but it's just such a short moment compared to the overall gameplay.

Notes: I only escaped 2 out of 10 solo-q matches; which I feel is about average at the moment. To be frank, I've been rage quitting more often since the patch launched (as in, spamming escape as I'm death-hooked on my second to fourth game) and I probably wouldn't have reached 10 matches today if I wasn't determined to jot this all down for the devs.

I might add another game log to this discussion. If there's information that you guys feel would be relevant / should be added than let me know, and I'll try to make note of it. I do think I'll change up the format though because this has taken me waaaay too long to write down.

If you're also solo-q survivor and want to add your experiences - I think that'd be really awesome / helpful.

I am kind of worried though that this average of escapes/deaths is intended; since it is an asymmetrical game and maybe that's how it works out as "fair" by the numbers (I don't know, I'm not a math person); I want to believe there's a 50/50% chance to complete the objective and survive in the average match but I haven't seen evidence of that yet.

Thanks for reading!

P.S. I will not be respond to "criticism" about my personal opinion on how my games went; if my opinion annoys you, simply scroll away; I won't argue with random people; I'm posting this on a public forum as it's the only way to give feedback to the people that make the game

Comments

  • Hello,

    Game Log for 31/07, started at about 17:30 GMT+3 PC EU, and rage quit at about 18:30. I didn't enjoy my games today.

    Main Build: Resilience, Lithe, Unbreakable, Kindred.

    Game 1: Spirit; Map - Lery's;

    Kills/Escapes - 2K, 2 Escaped.

    Notable Build: Agitation, NWO, and Starstruck; Yellow Speed Add-ons.

    Notes: Second Kill was in EGC, as she camped hook. I escaped but didn't feel great about it; as we had to leave a Juicer Ace behind to survive.

    Game 2: Nurse; Map - Blood Lodge; The Hatred I Feel: Immeasurable.

    Kills/Gens - 4K with 1 Gen left;

    Killer Build: Very Basic - Nurses', BBQ, Lethal, Agitation. Running the lower recharge and range add-ons.

    Notes: This Nurse was VERY careful; as in she only blinked when she had LOS. This Nurse was also only a Level 2. (#NerfNurse2022)

    Game 3: Onryo; Groaning Storehouse;

    Kills/Gens - 4K at EGC;

    Notable Build: Make Your Choice, Lethal, Floods of Rage and BBQ; also the iri add-on that starts survivors with a tape.

    Notes: Good Onryo and Killer; as in she utilized her power to check if there were survivors nearby; and immediately went back to final gen that was about to pop after she slugged me. She death-hooked one teammate at 3 gens; and then slugged for the 4K after final Gen. I think our Meg could have survived, since she had the gate open, but I don't know since I was on the floor again after she returned to stop me from picking up the Ace that'd completed that final gen.

    Game 4: Nurse; Backwater Swamp;

    I killed myself on second hook. We were at 4 gens and 2 others were already on death hook. I hate playing against Nurse. I physically have to fight the urge to not AFK whenever I hear that shriek. (#NerfNurse2022) Definitely running a range add-on.

    Killer Build: Dying Light, BBQ, Than, and Ruin.

    Game 5: Plague; Swamp;

    Kills/Gens: she was already at a 2K at 4 Gens, so I'm pretty sure that ended in a 4K.

    Notable Build: Plaything; and I think Discordance (I didn't stick around to find out) or maybe BBQ. No Than, which was strange for a Plague after the Than buff.

    Overall Notes:

    I died 4 out of my 5 games. Over half my games were with killers considered top-tier (potentially 4 out of 5, if you count Plague, which I usually do). In my games against Nurse, I felt like the only option I had was to Gen-Rush; since if a Nurse is paying attention to you, it's only a matter of time before you go down. I definitely enjoyed my first game against nurse more than my second; felt like there was more interaction. I managed to dodge two double blinks in a row but after the third time; she'd already figured out what to do and I'm dead on the floor because she got a first hit on me with her ranged add-ons from the opposite side of the realm.

    The Killers also still felt really quick - I think it's the cool-down buff after a successful hit; and I frankly hate it because I don't feel like I can get to a viable loop once I'm hit: Either I'm hit in the open next to a gen; or the closet loop doesn't have a pallet or window that might be needed to have any kind of chase against certain killers (and even then, I want to get further away so a teammate could potentially finish the gen while I'm being chased); or maybe, even my teammate on death-hook is hiding in the closest loop and I do not want the Killer to notice them. You can't prolong a chase on 360s alone, and those 3 extra seconds you survived aren't going to do jack-squat against the multitude of slow-down perks available to killer.

    #NerfNurse & #SoloQisSad & #MoreKiller&SurvivorInteractionsPls

    Cheers!

    Disclaimer: I will not respond to "criticism" about my personal opinion on how my games went; if my opinion/thoughts annoy you, simply scroll away; I won't argue with random people; I'm posting this on a public forum as it's the only way to give feedback to the people that make the game

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    I've been making a Google spreadsheet of my match outcomes (Killer, killer perks, gens done, # of escapes, etc.) inspired by a very similar one I saw on Twitter.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XJyV-UW5F7GC5t7bYkkcWndbxKHGUnNwDkgpFmden4g/edit?usp=drivesdk

    Some notes:

    • Red text means I died
    • I keep track of who the obsession is, even though it has no influence on the match results. I just like the whole obsession mechanic. An asterisk by the character's name means I was the obsession.

    Love that I'm not alone in jotting it all down, lol. Your google docs is locked though, my dude

  • The teammate who got camped to death at the bathroom on Midwich vs the Blight could have been me. I had the same situation a few days ago.

  • Whoops, that's what I get for doing it on mobile. It should be fixed now. I tried to edit my previous post, but apparently in this forum, "edit" means "delete." ๐Ÿ˜•

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XJyV-UW5F7GC5t7bYkkcWndbxKHGUnNwDkgpFmden4g/edit?usp=sharing

  • Okay, so I've just played four games:

    It is currently 7:50 pm GMT+3 and I frankly had such a miserable time and I'm stopping after this. I was running Kindred, Adrenaline, Unbreakable, and Sprint Burst.

    The first match was fine (as it usually is), I did like 3+ gens, I barely even saw the killer it was a Legion on Coldwin: all 4 of us escaped.

    The second match was a Nemisis that tunneled; which meant we were down to 2 teammates at 3 gens. He downed my last teammate; found me, hooked me and then repeatedly hit me on hook while nodding until I hit stage 2. That was annoying, it happens but not dreadful. I liked a my first chase against him. Wish the major current tactic of Killers wasn't turn the 1v4 into a 1v3 as quickly as possible, because frankly it's just less fun and less chill, and I like to play video games to relax with only a spike of adrenaline every so often.

    The third match was against a Nurse; honestly I can't remember it. I do remember she was wearing the Halloween pumpkin head and New Years dress though. It was again on Coldwin and we had a Juicer of a Yun Jin, and the Nurse was running Noed and Bloodwarden. It could've ended really badly but thankfully didn't, I think because I have Kindred and I was last hooked by an open exit gate.

    The fourth match was against a Nurse on Ormond with Knockout and Fearmonger. I don't know how I keep getting paired up against Nurse's with Knockout, because it's frankly dreadful and no one on the Survivor side has fun. (Which should be important, you know, in a video game.) We managed to get it down to two gens before two of our teammates were killed (one bled out, another on hook). It had to be over a 30 min game:

    Nurse repeatedly found me, knocked me down then went to search for my teammate, who earlier I'd rescued from hook because I had unbreakable. I wasn't going to lead them to my teammate, so I kept crawling away. This guy wouldn't even let me bleed out: he would knock me down, pick me up, let me wiggle off as he traversed the map looking for my teammate, knock me again, and then repeat. He finally found and downed my teammate; then went on the search for me. My teammate DC'd and honestly I don't blame them; it had been about 10 minutes since our other teammates had died. I stayed, I guess because I'm stubborn, or probably a masochist.

    Then since he's Nurse; he found the Hatch and waited by it for me to show up. I literally did half a gen before he finally shut it. Since, again, he's Nurse, he found me next to one of the gate's I'd partially opened. Then once he downed me again; he picked me up, dropped me off, picked me up; and then let me wiggle off at the exit gate. Of course, at this point it's too late to open the gate and he's not opening it. I was skewered on the gate.

    Like I hated that whole experience; the fact that I just had to take that power trip that he was on, that I literally couldn't get out, and then at the end he tried to gaslight and say that he was "waiting by the hatch" to give it to me - after he'd literally slugged me until the bar is almost empty so that he could get my teammate and 4K.

    I know there are people that might think I'm being "too sensitive" or maybe giggling at how tilted I got over this, but frankly I love this game and I want to keep playing it. I just wish it wasn't a game that is only fun when you play it in a SWF; like that should not be a common sentiment. I really love the mechanics and the atmosphere, but there are some f*cking core gameplay issues if player gameplay is so consistently miserable. If one survivor has so little impact on the outcome of the match, then there's no point in playing solo-q.

    Quick Fix Idea: Don't show Killers the progress on the Bleeding Out bar. It gives them too much control to trap another player in the match. If they really want to knock down, bleed out, pick up, knock down and repeat; then let them put a personal timer on that. It should not be so simple.

    Also, revert/change the pain res change; it's hostile, again, to solo-q because more often than not each player has to find out for themselves that the killer has pain res, which is literally 4 gens (potentially) that are going to be hit, whereas people in a swf will only be hit by it once.

    An Idea to Help Solo-Q: on the loading screen, once we're entering a match, put up a table of everyone's perks (like on DBD mobile), so I at least have a vague idea of what my teammates are running/plan to do in game; second (this one is completely wishful thinking but it'd be a huge solo-q boost), have someway to communicate basic and very limited things to teammates: aka, which killer it is, which addons they have, perks, maybe even a general location (like a ping, "next to me"). All things that can only be "reported" on to teammates once the survivor has actually come across it (to stop people spending forever in a side bar or wherever the information will sit, and so if the Killer has an end game build it's still under wraps).

    Maybe even scrap the whole actively "reporting" idea and just flash up on the side of the screen the relevant information to all survivors.

    This information is minuscule compared to what SWF's automatically have; and will equalize the (probable) discrepancy between outcomes of matches of killers against SWF and against Solo-Q; and I honestly think that's some of the biggest issues in the data you're receiving. I remember when you said that the killer's killing rate was "lower than anticipated" and you wanted it to be higher before this patch, and I just remember thinking: "I'm dying over half my games, where are you getting that data from."

    It's supposed to be Killers vs Survivors, but Survivors simply don't have enough information to work as a cohesive unit. So it's more like Killers vs maybe 2/3 survivors at any given time.

    Today was actually an even split of escaping and dying; and sadly the difference in Killer gameplay to ensure those outcomes makes it obvious why unfun tactics are so prevalent. Please can you incentivize gameplay tactics that are fun/engaging for both sides.

    Disclaimer: I will not respond to "criticism" about my personal opinion on how my games went; if my opinion/thoughts annoy you, simply scroll away; I won't argue with random people; I'm posting this on a public forum as it's the only way to give feedback to the people that make the game