Borrowed Time Rework?

While Im not the absolute best with ideas, I think it would be cool to see a rework/buff to Borrowed Time and base unhook Endurance. Allow me to explain.

I think 5 seconds of Endurance and Haste isnt really that good at preventing tunneling, while I think it's a step in the right direction for the game, I think it would be better to increase the baseline duration of the Haste and Endurance to maybe 10 seconds. It's nothing insane but will maybe allow survivors to put themselves in a better position in what would otherwise be a deadzone (areas with no resources to use, either because they've been exhausted throughout the match or just never spawned).

"But what about Borrowed Time?" Well, I thought of a way to make Borrowed Time not only fit the name, but also help teams deal with camping (since raising the baseline Endurance and Haste of unhooks helps deal with tunneling, I think it would be better if we had perks to address camping other than Kinship)...

Borrowed Time ~ William "Bill" Overbeck Perk

Whenever a generator is repaired while you are hooked, The Entity cannot further progress hook stages for 5/10/15 seconds per generator completed up to a total of 25/35/45 seconds. During this time, all hook-related skillchecks are paused.

The idea behind the perk is to be "borrowed hook time". Tier 1 will require all 5 generator to be completed to gain the 25 addition seconds, Tier 2 will required 4 generators to be completed to gain 35 addition seconds, and Tier 3 will require 3 generators to gain 45 addition seconds. This perk can also be stacked with Kinship for additional time (additive and separate from Borrowed Time's cap).

People say that the counter to camping is doing generators, and while it is, this perk will further strengthen the idea that doing generators is the best counterplay.

Comments