Observations/Suggestions for 'The Ghost Face'
Greetings to whom it may concern,
I'd like to first thank you for your time in reviewing what I have to say about the primary killer I play. Second, I'd like to provide a few credentials to certify my experience in actually playing the killer kit: I've played the game since 2018 and have been streaming Ghost Face gameplay since late 2020 on Twitch as 'Dresden051' and at the time of this writing, hold #6 in the world for marked downs. Of the 5400 hours I've played of Dead by Daylight, approximately 4000 hours have been spent playing the Ghost Face kit. While I appreciate the aesthetic of having Ghost Face in the game, I feel like he is not in the greatest place at the moment even with the latest changes to the killer role. These are my observations/suggestions:
- Chase music should not trigger if 'The Ghost Face' is crouched due to 'moving stealth plays' being ruined by the chase music activation (It takes a lot of effort to perform a good stealth play, and the chase music activating before the proverbial cat is out of the bag is a big downer).
- Terror Tassels (ribbons tied to the arms) should drop to the floor when crouched and regain their weightlessness when standing or be granted environmental collision (I mean no offense when I say that having these things clip through the environment and give you away is moderately disappointing/unfair).
- I'd like to see a complete reset on reveal progress if a reveal is successfully dodged because of how fragile the mechanic is by nature in tandem with the effects of dedicated servers.
- I'm not sure if it has to do with hit boxes, but if you can see any part of a survivor's visage whilst stalking, the meter ought to appreciate (it sparks some pretty strong "hey, that's actually bogus" energy).
- Accrued stalk should only fall off completely if a survivor is downed (The man only has a knife and legs in an environment loaded down with pallets, not to mention quick healing, being more fair about this would be appreciated).
- The effects of 'Chewed Pen' and 'Lasting Perfume' (incapacitated survivors take minutely longer to reveal you) should be base kit because you shouldn't need an add-on for something to make sense at such a basic level.
The recent add-on pass for 'The Ghost Face' was pretty darn good, but I feel like the following should also be considered:
- 'Chewed Pen' - After a silent stab scoring event, 'The Ghost Face' remains in 'Nightshroud' for X seconds after which 'Nightshroud' will break and grant all survivors within the terror radius an aura reveal on 'The Ghost Face' for X seconds.
- 'Lasting Perfume' - Within X seconds after a silent stab scoring event, the afflicted survivor will have their location revealed upon performing a conspicuous action.
- 'Telephoto Lens' - Grant +25% stalk range in addition to the current effect because otherwise it makes no sense to call it a telephoto lens.
- 'Cinch Straps' - Reduce the cooldown of a failed basic attack by X% in addition to the current effect to enhance the viability as a training add-on.
- 'Night Vision Monocular' - This is a viewing apparatus, not a tranquillizer dart, therefore it should grant an aura reveal for X seconds on all survivors within the terror radius after being revealed instead of any exhaustion effect at all.
- 'Victim's Detailed Routine' - In addition to the current effect, for the duration of the mark, reveal the location of the survivor whenever they perform a conspicuous action.
I feel changes like these would greatly enhance the experience and satisfaction of playing 'The Ghost Face.' Again, thank you for your time in reviewing my testimony on this matter.
P.S. Props for moving in a direction that makes the killer role feel less like being a worker at terror in the corn.
Comments
I'm not sure how to feel about stalk progress not resetting on a survivor you injure but I do like the idea of them changing up some of his green add-ons. the ones that just make it take longer for downed/hooked survivors to reveal him feel really bad, like they ran out of ideas and didn't know what to do with them.
I also would've liked to see them further reward players for using his power correctly by having the cooldown reduced by a few seconds when you get a hit in your shroud: 2 seconds for a regular M1, 4 seconds for downing a marked survivor. that way if you use his power correctly you have a 20 second cooldown at basekit.
and the reveal mechanic is somehow even more messed up than before. as a survivor I struggle to reveal him when I'm staring head on but I almost always manage to accidentally pull him out of shroud when he's in the corner of my screen. he definitely needs a few touch ups to push him into a better feeling spot.