The "Inflating Killrates" Conspiracy...

I feel like this is completely blown out of proportion, and it feels like Im one of the sole causes of this whole conspiracy theory divulging the community, so I might as well do some explaining to better clear the air for those who dont understand anything. Consider this a follow-up post, since every post seems to be following the post I made and some even using it as a source.

SoloQ sucks.

I know Im bold (not really) for saying such a thing, but SoloQ has been in a rough state for years, and still insanely horrible to play. Im not saying this because "killer main comes to a unique revelation", Im not even a killer main, nor am I survivor main either, I play both sides equally, but my main source of survivor over my entire time playing DbD has been Duo SWF and SoloQ, so I know how painful SoloQ is, it's been one of my main sources of survivor as previously mentioned.

This being said, my post was original addressing a series of bad games in which a few survivors went out of their way to ruin the match for others. I never mentioned people DCing. I never mentioned people letting themselves go on hook or giving up. That was the never, at all, what I focused on. It's natural for people to DC as survivor, it was common before the update, it's common after the update, nothing changes. My entire post was addressing clear and obvious sandbagging; bodyblocking windows and pallets intentionally, spam vaulting windows to reveal the location of other survivors, spamming unhook to prevent others from saving, etc.

But here is the thing with that, when I made the post regarding the large amounts sandbagging, I thought about large amount of posts and comments of people stating that they were going out of their way to inflate killrates to force change to happen, so I ended up assuming such. I jumped to conclusions without much information, and the truth is, Im sorry, I feel like Ive unleashed a plague amongst the DbD community, and I feel like it was further fueled by my stubbornness in the replies to my post as well. Im am fully and truly admitting that I was wrong.

In reality, people are just unsportsman-like players. I ended up coming across a few more people that acted similarly to the previously mentioned matches, I decided to inquire through messaging (I am a PlayStation player, so I dont have post-game chat) the intentions of players doing this (who also happened to be on PlayStation) to really see if my idea was right... it wasnt really.

Out of asking 12 players (I later came across), not a single person openly admitted to inflating killrates, and either responded with "I didnt want to play against this killer" (typically when Pinhead, Pig, or Legion was in play) and "I was just messing around, it's nothing serious". The only noteworthy thing was someone openly admitting to tanking their MMR, but even then it's super confusing since they threw the whole team under the bus along with themselves to do so, so Im not too sure on the validity of such.

I feel like with the huge uproar of posts regarding the topic, that I really needed to make this post, since it feels like the post I made, and everything that stemmed from it, has been a directly from me. So simply put, "Do NOT Do This In The DbD Forums", it will result in a very messy situation. And just please, do a tiny bit of research before saying stuff, dont make the mistake I did.

I hope this cleared the air, I hope this sparks meaningful discussion instead of community discourse.

Comments