Experiment to try with the caps
I was thinking an interesting experiment to try would be to see if someone who plays frequently tracked how often their category scores per match were in the 8k - 10k range. When that happen it represents getting extra bloodpoints in the match due to the cap increases in the midchapter. My personal guess is most games will see 1-3 of those per match, but it’s hard to say for sure and a lot of people think it also will vary between killer and survivor since survivors typically get a couple thousand less points per match on average. (And in the short term there seems to be a rash of survivors ragequitting when they start losing which would also negatively impact scores.)
I only play one or two or three games a night typically but if any more prolific player interested in the stats feels like jotting down how often they hit they 8k-10k range and what the category scores were it would be neat to see the results.
Comments
I could take notes. I find that I'm often maxing one category in a good game, though Survival never comes close - it's usually Altruism or Objective, and sometimes Boldness if the killer is on me all match or there's Plaything/Penti.
Build in most games didn't contain a bloodpoint-boosting perk, but I'll note when it did.
Game 1: Rotten Fields vs Doctor. Died at 1 gen left. 8532 Boldness. (1: 532 more)
Game 2: Lery's vs Slinger. Died at 1 gen left. No scores over 8k. (0: 0 more)
Game 3. Temple of Purgation vs Trapper. Died at 1 gen left. Did a coordinated basement save only for everyone else to run into traps. 🤦♀️ No scores over 8k. (0: 0 more.)
Game 4: Thompson House vs Ghostface. Ghostface gave up halfway through and farmed. I'm not sure this game even counts, but 9861 Objectives and 10k Altruism. (2: 3,861 more)
Game 5: Eyrie vs Blight. Escaped. 10k Objectives. (1: 2,000 more)
Game 6: RPD vs Huntress. Escaped. 10k Objectives, Altruism, and Boldness. Had Prove Thyself this game for bonus Objectives. (3: 6,000 more)
Game 7: Haddonfield vs Plague. Plague was either confused or memeing because she only landed one hit on someone all game. I tried giving her a kill but she only took two hooks and then let me go. No scores over 8k. (0: 0 more)
Game 8: Haddonfield vs Oni. Escaped. 9247 Objectives. (1: 1,247 more)
Game 9: Blood Lodge vs Freddy. Escaped. No scores over 8k. (0: 0 more)
Game 10: Pale Rose vs Blight. Teammate ragequit at 4 gens. Died at 1 gen left. 10k Boldness. (1: 2,000 more)
Game 11: Lery's versus Freddy. Died at 2 gens left. No scores over 8k. (0: 0 more)
Game 12: Eyrie vs Dredge. Died at 3 gens left. 8113 Altruism, 8602 Boldness. (2: 715 more)
Game 13: Temple of Purgation vs Wraith. Died at 3 gens left. No scores over 8k. (0: 0 more)
Game 14: RPD vs Artist. Died in endgame. Objectives 10k, Altruism 9342, Boldness 9060. (3: 5,402 more)
Game 15: Coal Tower vs Oni. Escaped. No scores over 8k. (0: 0 more)
Game 16: The Game vs Trapper. Extremely bad teammates. Died at 3 gens left. No scores over 8k. (0: 0 more)
Game 17: Eyrie vs Dredge. Escaped. 8292 Altruism, 9838 Boldness. (2: 1130 more)
Game 18: Thompson House vs Ghostface. Died at 1 gen left. 10k Objectives, 9825 Altruism. (2: 3825 more)
Game 19: Haddonfield vs Billy. Died in endgame. 8198 Objectives, 9280 Boldness. (2: 1478 more)
Game 20: Family Residence vs Huntress. Teammates memed and threw game. Died at 1 gen left. 9332 Boldness. (1: 1332 more)
Out of 20 games, that's 12 where some amount of bloodpoints went over the old cap. Most common categories were Objectives and Boldness. Survival was once 7.7k but generally came nowhere near going over the cap.
Sounds like about what I’d expect, although I’m a killer main so that’s just a guess. 🤷♂️
I can say at least from memory that I get over 8k in category scores frequently enough that I notice it and think, cool, more bp than what i would have gotten.
Without any bp modifying perks (from me running them), usually boldness is the one I can max from chase. Second category would probably be objective from other people running prove thyself or when I run it. Then, my end game build with No One Left Behind, I can max out altruism in end game without over doing it in early-mid game with altruism unhooks.