Inflated Kill Rates, Conspiracy Theory or Real?

TL;DR at bottom

Okay so I see a few killer mains saying survivors are purposely killing themselves on hook/disconnecting to inflate kill rates. So we're going to go over to see if this is truth or bunk.

So first addressing the disconnects, developers have already confirmed, disconnecting does not apply to the kill rates as it's a disconnect, not a kill. It makes sense for it to work like this as they not only steal away bp a killer would get if it was an actual kill, but also can screw over the team.

Now, killing themselves on hook. I haven't seen much of this myself when playing survivor except once every 15 or so matches, and when I do decide to play killer, it's also very rare. But I doubt it's to inflate kill rates, I don't know where the big conspiracy came from, but if someone can tell me, that'd be great. I mainly see survivors dying when they're in solo-queue, not doing gens against full slowdown build, or just plain giving up against certain killers. Now I don't condone this behavior, but I don't think they're just in a conspiracy to inflate kill rates.

What I have noticed though when some people kill themselves on hook/disconnect is because of things out of their control.

We'll start with disconnects, sometimes the game will randomly disconnect players and say "No Connection Found" despite everything else functioning perfectly fine and they don't get the indicator in the top left corner either.

Now with the hook situation, sometimes the survivors do kill themselves on hook, but I don't think it's as often as people say, just like how before the update not every squad is a bully squad. Our brains tend to function in a way that remembers our negative experiences with something over the positive, it's just part of being human so I won't fault anyone for that. But on the survivor end of the spectrum, I've noticed an influx in killers tunneling/camping.

So Tunneling & Camping are strategies I do realize this, but some survivors will tend to kill themselves on hook and just move to the next match when faced against this, this was how they'd retaliate even before the update. So this can cause kills into inflate. But if killers run full slowdown build, paired with this tunnel and camp strategy, and the survivor doesn't kill themselves on hook, it still would result in their death. Because now gen times being increased and the hook times not being changed to compensate makes it difficult.

I've noticed this, and if a survivor disconnects/dies before 3 gens are done, and the other survivors also have hooks, they are less likely to escape. I also made a post with the experience of solo queue survivors and why solo queue survivors are also struggling there. This isn't to blame anyone, but I don't think this is the conspiracy it's being made out to be.

TL;DR - I don't think there's a conspiracy going on here, there are many different factors that come into play which depends on the killers play style, how efficient the survivors played against said play style, ect.

Comments

  • @Pizzaman said:

    If it is a "Conspiracy" it's also "Real" (which makes one of them redundant).

    So shouldn't the title be like "Inflated Kill Rates, Conspiracy Theory or Real?" ?

    I'll adjust the title, ty

  • @Mister_xD said:

    Its definitely not a conspiracy.

    This update was also very much intended to increase killrates, so them going up is an expected result.

    Not to mention that Survivors just lost one of the biggest crutches in DbD history, Dead Hard, which has caused a lot of players having to pretty much relearn chases almost from scratch. This too has a clear effect on the killrates.

    IMO looking at killrates now / in the near future won't really show much. We need to wait for people to adapt to the pretty major changes that happened here, it is going to take a while.

    It's only natural for the killrates to skyrocket all of a sudden right after the update dropped, it would be the exact same with escaperates if Survivors had received some major buffs. For the same reason the newest Killers killrate is also always inflated, because people haven't had the time to adapt to them yet - but after a while things will settle and we will see where the kill and escape rates are really at. And only then can we really look at them and say whether something is balanced or not.

    DH users hardly have to relearn how to loop killers, they just have to do one less loop or be less greedy in most instances tbh. All the best DH users are good loopers.

  • @realflashboss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3089407#Comment_3089407

    DH users hardly have to relearn how to loop killers, they just have to do one less loop or be less greedy in most instances tbh. All the best DH users are good loopers.

    They also need to lear to respect the Killer a lot more in general. You can't greed a gen with the Killer closeby while injured anymore, you can't get too close to them while trying to distract, etc.

    I see a lot of people die because of small blunders they make that previously they could have easily corrected by pressing E, but now they die for them. They can't just get back into a good position by pressing E anymore, if they outposition themselves then they are in trouble.

    DH had many more possible usages than just DH to greed one more loop, it was a tool that got you to safety from a bad situation. Take mindgames for example - I have had an insane amount of people get mindgamed succesfully, but then they just press E and entirely negate it. That too is no longer possible, which also results in a lof of people going down much quicker than before.

  • I definitely think that survivors are just letting themselves die a lot more now, so it is for sure messing with the kill rates at least a little bit.

1 2 ›