Botany + Streetwise

For clarity:

Botany

  • Increases healing speed by 30/40/50%.
  • Reduces the healing efficiency of Med-Kits by -20%.

Streetwise

Reduce the consumption rate of item charges by 15/20/25% for you and allies within 8 metres of range.

The wording isn't exact, but if "consumption rate" is synonymous with "healing efficiency," then Streetwise nullifies Botany's nerf.

Has anyone run this combo? If you have, what did you think of it? Was it worth it to you to devote two perks to faster healing with a medkit?

Comments

  • I don't know if that bonus stacks multiplicatively or additively.

  • @ArborTime said:

    I don't know if that bonus stacks multiplicatively or additively.

    Yeah I wish I knew specifics.

  • Didn't BK used to give additional efficiency pre nerf though? (correct me if wrong)

    If so we are looking at a 53% efficiency nerf, far from 20% that would be covered.

  • @shinymon said:

    Didn't BK used to give additional efficiency pre nerf though? (correct me if wrong)

    If so we are looking at a 53% efficiency nerf, far from 20%.

    Here's a list of all the variations. https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Botany_Knowledge

  • I mean regardless if it's multiplicitive or additive, Streetwise would be good to pair with Botany if you're using medkits to heal.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    For clarity:

    Botany

    • Increases healing speed by 30/40/50%.
    • Reduces the healing efficiency of Med-Kits by -20%.

    Streetwise

    Reduce the consumption rate of item charges by 15/20/25% for you and allies within 8 metres of range.

    The wording isn't exact, but if "consumption rate" is synonymous with "healing efficiency," then Streetwise nullifies Botany's nerf.

    Has anyone run this combo? If you have, what did you think of it? Was it worth it to you to devote two perks to faster healing with a medkit?

    Not yet, but I bet I will now!🤠

  • Allegedly is exactly cancels out.

    Mathematically that would imply that Streetwise is increasing efficiency by 25% (total 125%) and then Botany is decreasing efficiency by 20% (20% of 125 = 25).

  • @Seraphor said:

    Allegedly is exactly cancels out.

    Mathematically that would imply that Streetwise is increasing efficiency by 25% (total 125%) and then Botany is decreasing efficiency by 20% (20% of 125 = 25).

    That's wrong. Streetwise is a 25% reduction. That's the same as a 33% increase, because 1/0.75=1.333.

    1.333*0.8=1.06666

    So you it does cancel it out, and you end up with around 6% more charges.

  • @MrMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3088850#Comment_3088850

    That's wrong. Streetwise is a 25% reduction. That's the same as a 33% increase, because 1/0.75=1.333.

    1.333*0.8=1.06666

    So you it does cancel it out, and you end up with around 6% more charges.

    Have you tested it? Because I've seen accounts in practice that show it cancels out exactly. Which is why I said it implies the math isn't quite what it seems from the descriptions.

  • I have tried it and definitely noticed a difference when using medkits. It does work and it's helpful

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I have tried it and definitely noticed a difference when using medkits. It does work and it's helpful

    Thanks! Did you use a green medkit?

  • Yes I did.

    I used both a green and a purple medkit. Although I should also let you know I used addons too.

  • FYI - I can confirm it does perfectly cancel out.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    FYI - I can confirm it does perfectly cancel out.

    You didn't have any leftover charge? If so, then Seraphor is right.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3089023#Comment_3089023

    You didn't have any leftover charge? If so, then Seraphor is right.

    Yes; what it does is it increases the efficiency by 25%, so with streetwise alone you’d only consume 12.8 charges for a full heal (16 / 1.25). Botany’s penalty reduces this by 20%, so you’d take 80% of 1.25 which would get you back to 1, thus they cancel, leaving the increased healing speed as a benefit.

    With botany alone, a full heal takes 20 charges since the efficiency then would be 0.8. A purple medkit with bandages would be 2 heals under that penalty, as opposed to 2.5 normally.

  • Can confirm: it was a really great combo. The healing speed was really fast, and if timed properly, it could be really helpful for late game saves. However, because my games weren't so great (tunneled out), I got tired of losing medkits and wasting add-ons, so I took the perks off.

    This is a good combo to try to run, but I'm going to hold off for now.

    If you want to get the max use out of this, maybe use a purple medkit with add-ons and burn an offering to protect it (if you're low on the medkits).

    Good luck, all 👍

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3088911#Comment_3088911

    Have you tested it? Because I've seen accounts in practice that show it cancels out exactly. Which is why I said it implies the math isn't quite what it seems from the descriptions.

    That's why I wish the descriptions were more precise. I'd like to understand exactly what the effect will be, but sometimes, they're too vague. Someone else in the thread said they tested it and it cancels out exactly, so it looks like you were correct about the result being different than the implied math.