Tunneling has gotten much worse
I think the main reason is probably DS being worthless. Tunneling used to be pretty rare. I never ran DS as I was rarely tunneled out of a game. Now tunneling is happening around 1/3 games. Sure I can run off the record, but lots of times it will be my teammate that gets tunneled out and now with the killer buffs, if a survivor is dead and more than 1 gen is left you lose. I think the combination of DS nerf and the fact that it's impossible to win now with a survivor dead and more than 1 gen up. You just tunnel and you win. But at least we have 5 seconds of BT base kit!
Comments
The main reason is restrictions are removed, but bad players not. It's like open all the cells in the prison block in movies.
I would laugh if at least one person on the planet thought "Ok, we give killer-players much more control, they will stop camp and tunnel as a powerrole".