It took an indoor map and a busted build, but I finally did it!

For the first time ever, I got 5 stacks of Pentimento. A few factors were favorable for getting it.

  1. A survivor used a map offering to take us to Gideon Meat Plant. While that map is extremely survivor sided and I was playing a weak killer, it's also a little confusing when it comes to finding totems. It's also indoors, so it prevented survivors from finding the pentimento hex totems again too easily.
  2. I was playing Sadako with her best add-on, the Iridescent Videotape, and Bloody Fingernails, also really good on her. With that, I could consistently teleport around the map and apply a lot of pressure. Since her hit-and-run is good, I was able to get a lot of value from Thanatophobia, and it stacked with Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain on almost every survivor I hooked.
  3. I avoided rekindling totems with Pentimento for as long as I could, but at some point I noticed the last totem just wouldn't be cleansed and started teleporting around and rekindling them insanely fast, making sure I started by the ones near the corners of the map, less likely to be found early.
  4. When 4 totems were lit, Yun-Jin confused the last plaything totem with a Pentimento totem, I quickly ran there and rekindled it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! All totems were blocked by the entity (Obs: at the time, there were two survivors still alive and none of them was hooked. The screenshot was taken a bit later).
  5. I must point out though that a thing that made a difference was the insane strenght slowdown perks have right now. It wouldn't have been so effective if I wasn't applying a lot of pressure and injuring survivors so frequently (I can safely say that I was outplaying them a lot in this match), but since I was, 90 second gens with Thanatophobia slowdown was slow, and even when not everyone was injured, Gift of Pain would penalize recently unhooked survivors who had been healed (not to mention the time they spent doing totems). That slowed the game enough for me to wait a lot before using Pentimento (would I have succeeded on the same map against 4 DHs before this patch? Possibly, but hardly). I don't think this 3 perk combination alone is THAT strong with this specific killer against actually efficient survivors, because Sadako is still a weak killer and actually requires effort to apply pressure, but adding Pentimento into the mix is quite busted. A strong SWF who quickly cleanses totems and doesn't let Pentimento last for too long should still have a big chance of winning, but I don't think solo survivors can deal with all 4 perks together right now, not in the hands of a skilled or powerful killer.
5 stacks Pentimento.jpg


Comments

  • Congratulations but as killer you now own the round and what you want to happen is guaranteed thanks to the buff. But this is still really cool tho.

  • Congrats! Shout out to Yun-Jin for being your assistant.

  • Dang, congratulations! Lighting them all in one swoop is the way to go - you're lucky Yun-Jin messed up. But Sadako is probably a very strong contender for the strategy due to the rapid teleporting she can pull off. This was a victory for short undead children everywhere.

    I remember when I was chasing the elusive 5-stack... for ages, I flopped, and then I had one weird day where I got it twice, both on Blood Lodge (which seemed like a terrible map for it - derpy totem spots and long.) I remember this one Leon led me to a blocked totem and started tbagging it... I let everyone in that first game live, I was so happy I finally pulled it off. That and they were being cute.

  • @Laluzi said:

    Dang, congratulations! Lighting them all in one swoop is the way to go - you're lucky Yun-Jin messed up. But Sadako is probably a very strong contender for the strategy due to the rapid teleporting she can pull off. This was a victory for short undead children everywhere.

    I remember when I was chasing the elusive 5-stack... for ages, I flopped, and then I had one weird day where I got it twice, both on Blood Lodge (which seemed like a terrible map for it - derpy totem spots and long.) I remember this one Leon led me to a blocked totem and started tbagging it... I let everyone in that first game live, I was so happy I finally pulled it off. That and they were being cute.

    Twice in a day? That's awesome!

    And yeah, Sadako is one of the best for doing it. Before her, the one killer I played that led me the closest to doing it was the Dredge. Those quick locker travels during Nightfall are insane, but survivors would just never do the last totem so I could rekindle it.