The Grind Ceiling Lowered. The Floor Rose.
The new progression has in fact lowered the grind ceiling to where many players like me almost have every perk on everyone.
However. Any player who isn't close to my level of work already put into the game or starts out will have a much,much worse time. Add-ons are much harder to get now and your BP gains in relation to time spent have dropped DRAMATICALLY.
BHVR needs to address BP gain. It's too low.
The 10K cap is useless for Survivor gain too,as Survivor inherently earn much less BP than killer.
Any new player will have a horrible time getting the perks they want because it will take so long to get them now and they don't have perks already unlocked to ease their matches getting the BP required.
In addition,I would like to note that both WGLF and BBQ BP conditions were healthy for the game. They encouraged fun gameplay and lowered the grind. Be more altruistic for survivors & don't tunnel for Killer. This SHOULD 100% be implemented as a base game mechanic.
Comments
wouldn't it be the ceiling rose? ceiling implies the max? so the floor was reduced?
Question of definition I think. I think the "grind ceiling" is how long it takes to get everything on everyone, which now will be a lot easier, especially if you combine incentives with BP offerings.
But the "grind floor" is how much grind you need initially until you begin having decent builds on your characters. And this has in fact risen due to needing Prestige 1 just to get the perks instead of getting their teachables at potentially level 30.
The ceiling - max amount of grind. That was reduced.
the floor - the entry level. You need to grind more now to get BPs.
I see ceiling as the complete max, overall grind to get every character to 100, or atleast prestige 9 which is every single reward, that has been raised about 6 levels, the floor implies where you start, and what you can do from the beginning, it's base kit, it's the very bottom
Add-ons are much harder to get now and your BP gains in relation to time spent have dropped DRAMATICALLY.
The devs have already said they're going to adjust the post-prestige rarity levels in the webs so the chances of getting rare and ultra rare add-ons are the same as level 50. (I'm guessing that's what you're complaining about with add-ons?)
The 10K cap is useless for Survivor gain too,as Survivor inherently earn much less BP than killer.
That's a myth, survivors earn about as many bloodpoints on average as killers. Also while getting a full 32k max pre-patch is rare, and likewise a full 40k max post-patch, it's extremely common to max out 1-3 of the categories in the game. So games where a survivor got, say, 8k max from chases will now get 8k-10k in the new system. Therefore the new 10k cap does increase the bloodpoints survivors will typically get per match.
Also don't forget the new matchmaking bonus. It's turned off temporarily but should be back on in a couple of weeks (I think the devs said it's slated for 6.1.2?) Once that happens players who are willing to play the side with the bonus will get a pretty sizable amount of extra bloodpoints.
Finally note that the extra bloodpoints in the initial "floor" are far outweighed by the bloodpoint savings at the ceiling. So a new player who joins now and sticks with the game for a while is better off in terms of bloodpoints than a new player who joined previously and stayed with the game the same amount of time.
That's funny to imagine
But how about a steep hill but with broken steps
Survivor BP gain is a myth? I'm sorry what? That's just obviously wrong. Successful survivor games can max you out on 2,rarely 3 categories. Bad survivor games give you none,maybe 1,rarely 2 maxed.
Killer games I max all 4 out regularly,in bad ones I still have 2,3 maxed. What?
Good survivors average 18-25k per match, killers are about the same or just a bit higher, maybe 20-27 per match. (Pre-patch numbers)
Thats true if you consider only few killers you want to play.
For example I want to unlock deadlock from Pinhead on Bubba.
In the past I just need to bring Pinhead to level 40 and then spend a few bloodwebs on Bubba to get those new teachables.
Now I have to make Pinhead P3 to get the same.
Luckily most of my killers were prestiged so their perks are automatically shared among all killers now.
What categories you max out on killer is hugely dependent on the killer unfortunately. I'd say Myers is the worst BP earner in the roster, being an instadown/stealth killer, but with zero BP bonus to either brutality or deviousness for his instadowns.
Meanwhile Ghost Face gets excellent bonuses to both deviousness and brutality for his instadowns.
I think BP gains should be looked at across killers, and tweaked to give the lesser earning killers (even in 12 hook games) a better chance.
It's impossible to get max deviousness on Myers without getting a 4k, because his stalk is capped and he doesn't get anything for instadowns. Isn't that sad?
Of course getting bloody cosmetics takes longer, but I'm fine with that. When people refer to "the grind" they're mostly talking about gameplay elements like perks. So it's really only up to Prestige 3 that matters. The rest is cosmetic and I'm fine with that taking longer. But perks should be easier to get now, except in the very beginning when you have to get P1 instead of just going to 40 to get perks on your characters.
Yeah and this just...applies for Survivors. Barely anyone plays 5-10 Survivors,they pick 1 or 2 mains... the old system was far better for survs now you HAVE to grind more...
Yeah the mechanic kinda gears towards Killers since there's a reason to play multiple of them and have all the perks available, while with survivor it's more of a grind.
Thats not true. If you get Pinhead to prestige 1 you unlock level 1 of all his perks on all characters then you can still level up the bloodweb to level it up on whoever you want.
That's still leveling him to Level 50 and THEN spending 20K BPs for that.
I will give you the extra 10 levels of bloodweb is a slight increase.
However you cant really count the 20k prestige because unless you have less than 2 characters unlocked at 4k for a level 1 perk that easily pays for itself.
I dont care about tier 1 perks. If you want Tier 3 you need to prestige him 3 times. Its about 5 millions blood points compared to just around 1,5 if I would want to unlock those perks just on one of my favourite killers.