A Compromise for Deceisive Strike

So, talking about the new DS - we're all pretty aware that is is absolutely useless against the top-killers of the game, f.e. Spirit, Nurse and Blight - the high mobility killers, whilst it still has a decent effect on basic M1-Killers.

I feel to preserve at least some anti-tunnel potential to the perk, it should disable the Killers power for 4/5/6 seconds, whilst retaining the actual stun at 3 seconds. This makes it so it won't punish the basic killers that struggle a bit with tunneling anyway whilst Killers with immense chase potential do not put you back on the ground in 4 seconds (this is not an overexaggeration) without a fighting chance.

The sentiment is to deincentivize tunneling but yet we have a situation where an Anti-Tunnel perk gets nerfed to the ground against Killers with immense tunneling-potential... to be replaced with another tunneling perk, Off the Record, which possesses Anti-Synergy with a lot of other protective perks (f.e: BT/DH as Deep Wound disables OtR, hitting in 5-second basekit BT also gives an easy way around OtR.) The only useful way to use DS is in conjunction with Off the Record and Dead Hard. You take a hit with OtR, then DS to remove your deep wound to regain your DS. That is quite literally the only way to avoid a tunnel by a high-mobility killer. Still, that build occupies 3 slots and closes opportunities of using information, anti-camp and utility perks.


Thanks for coming to my ted talk, I believe you get the idea,

  • Lyo

Comments

  • DS protects you from tunneling once, I believe you should work with your team-mates to combat tunneling.

    Like how did the Killer happen to be so close to the unhooked Survivor?

  • @Emeal said:

    DS protects you from tunneling once, I believe you should work with your team-mates to combat tunneling.

    Like how did the Killer happen to be so close to the unhooked Survivor?

    Well... he can just stand in front of the hook and wait. It's not an uncommon strategy, lol.

    As for "work[ing] with your team-mates", I agree, in a perfect world, that is true. But Solo Queue team-mates tend to be actual A.I.s, all due respect. Whilst this is in no way the Killers problem, I feel Solos really need some help, even though I am someone who keeps away from playing that like it is the plague (because it is.)