Why is the achievement Taking One For The Team a thing?
I've never been more frustrated by an achievement in this game. It's the last one I have to do, and unlike pretty much every other achievement in the game, you must actively throw the match and make the lives of you, your teammates, and the killers worse by grinding it out. As if that wasn't bad enough it also requires you to do it 250 times! Bit of a rant but I hate that it is the last thing standing between me and 100% game completion.
Comments
Am I the only one who didn't find it that bad? Yeah, 250 is stupid high, but I'd get progress every time I tried to tank a hit for someone at a hook. Which is often. If you play survivor long enough, it'll unlock itself.
Bill's other achievement is way worse.
I actually didn't find that one very bad lol because I just changed my steam name to that achievement and asked for the killer to give it to me kindly on my steam profile page. But obviously everyone's milage will vary
All the achievements from the first batch are stupidly grindy, like "catch 100 survivors in traps", "blink and hit 300", "throw down 1000 hatchets" or "stalk survivors for 300 tiers of evil within".
Compared to that more modern achievements are easy af, like "lethal rush 30 survivors" or "down 25 survivors with Yamaokas hunting". Its a relic of a forgotten time, and we should cherish it for that
I feel like this one isn't that hard to do. It takes a bit of time and can't be farmed as easily as some per say, but I got this one a long time ago. Maybe it's because of my playstyle being super altruistic and always going for saves or what. I almost always get hit by the killer if I unhook a survivor and they aren't tunneling or taking protection hits during end game unhooks.