Solo-Q is a disaster atm and there is no incentive to play 3vs1

The problem has existed for a long time, but since the last patch I feel it has become much worse.


A game with a DC/suicide is almost always impossible to win. The game was balanced for a 4vs1 situation and as soon as one player leaves the game early, this balance is simply gone, with no possibility for the other players to compensate somehow. I have hardly had a "normal" game as a survivor in the last few days. In total, out of my 20 or so games, I have escaped through the gates 2 times, once through the hatch. In about half of the games there was a DC/Suicide at the start of the game, in none of those games did we come close to fixing all the generators. In the other games without DC/suicide, the main killing strategy was tunnelling (in the games with DC/suicide, tunnelling was also mostly used but at the end it saved time). Solo-Q survivor is unplayable in my opinion (at the moment), at least in the lower/middle of the medium MMR range. I prefer to play survivor, but this role loses a lot of fun due to the gap between SWF and SOLO-Q.


This explicitly does not refer to the patch changes, even though I believe that the frustration rate with survivors due to the perk and gameplay changes leads to significantly more DCs. This problem should be addressed somehow. Even though I like the idea of the bots, the number of generators that need to be repaired should probably be dynamically adjusted or a significant repair boost should be introduced. What should also be adjusted is the own MMR value. A DC/suicide almost always automatically lowers one's own score, even though it is "not one's fault". Couldn't the calculation be adjusted so that the value for the other survivors is not lowered if someone disconnects or fails 2 skill checks on the hook within X minutes of starting the game? It always feels like a downwards spiral: DC -> lose -> lower mmr -> higher probability of dc/suicide -> more DC ->...

Comments