Ghostface build for intermediate player
I started playing dbd a few months ago and now I'm hooked (no pun intended). I've always been a fan of stealth in video games so I bought Ghostface and Myers. I haven't gotten any killers to a high enough level to unlock their perks for other killers and I don't think I will be able to anytime soon. Before I got these two I played a lot of Wraith, and tried nurse but got absolutely destroyed, and Ghostface is just getting harder and harder for me to play bc I don't know any good strats and builds. Can someone advise me on what builds to utilize, game strategy, or anything remotely helpful? Much appreciated!
Comments
Coup De Grace is an amazing perk for Ghost Face! Since you'll be primarily aiming to end chases quickly and prioritize marked targets, that extra lunge distance can be a lot more valuable than for most other killers. In cases where you aren't hunting a marked survivor, conserving tokens by avoiding lunges is also easier to do. Lethal Pursuer is also a great perk to pick up as it will not only hint at which direction to head, but also give you ideas of what angles to approach from that the survivors are less likely to expect. Ghost Face requires a lot of smart positioning to take advantage of what zones survivors will consider 'safe' (where they've been recently) and unsafe (where they'll be watching for threats to appear from).
As for general strategy - don't patrol while crouched unless you know what you're sneaking up on. That movement speed loss across a full match really adds up. Additionally, many survivors will intentionally bodyblock you if they think you have them 99'd (because hitting them sets their exposure to 0) so you need to be careful about losing that stalk progress in the cases where they're right. Usually it's not worth the injury if you can get a next-to-free down later. Also avoid circling the very edges of the map. It's an easy temptation, as survivors generally don't watch the edges, but you're again losing a lot of time/distance/pressure with that routing, frequently for very little benefit.
Lastly - you can use the edges of your vision to intentionally "avoid" stalking survivors while still benefitting from the concealment provided by peeking around corners. It's become more difficult with the stalk changes, but it can be a handy tech. Even more skilled Ghost Faces will use that to gain stalk on one survivor while avoiding it on another who is already 99'd.
Beyond that, keep at it! Ghost Face is a huge delight.
I'd be happy to give you some pointers if interested in adding me on Discord. If you're on PC, add me on Steam and I'll give you my Discord on that. I main Ghostface, though I also play survivor heavily. I have a lot of success with him. I will say, playing Ghostface or Myers right now is the worst possible time in DBD history to do so considering the massive nerf they've been given with the new Spinchill surprise buff, but as long as no one is running it, you should be fine. If they are running it, your powers have been removed for the match as you'll never be able to sneak up on anyone. Myers is hurt a bit less on this since he's only half a stealther. Us stealth killers are hoping they make it not activate against undetectable.
Not a pro player here, but let my try help you.
1º Gameplay.
2º Perks
3º Addon
4º Video from SpookyLoops just to have some ideas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiRq3J7604g5º Be sure that your camera have space for more photos. Empty it in your PC before kill more survivors.👻📸
Former Ghostface main here, been playing him again since the patch dropped and low-tier killers are finally fun again.
Whispers and/or Discordance to find people fast at start of match. Alternatively, Lethal Pursuer pairs well with his iri Outdoor Security Camera to get you info chains and downs.
STBFL because you're an M1 killer, but Exposing/gen grabbing the Obsession mitigates stack loss, especially if you get the Obsession as your first hook - less stack loss since you have nothing to lose at the start.
Gen regression or more aggressive chase perk. Jolt, Eruption, whatever your preference for regression. For a flex chase perk, I enjoy Bamboozle just because some structures are annoying otherwise, but this can be whatever you like.
As ARTRA said, learn some of the trickier stalk spots such as gaps in boards at structures. Not really a "need a guide to learn" thing, just be observant while you go about the map and look for tiny lines of sight in odd places. Nobody expects to be stalked from the other side of the wall on Cowshed.
little tip, some survivors have a blindspot on opposite sides of generators. Can set up some hilarious grabs like this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/v4bbpr/the_ghost_face_sneakngrabs_sometimes_are_creepily/