Thoughts on the new Update and dev appreciation post
I mostly play killer (Myers mainly), occasionally I play survivor with friends as well.
Overall I think the new update was pretty good. Earlier I needed to bring mostly gen regression perks to win, now I feel that is no longer the case.
As for survivors, well they will take time to adapt to the new changes, that's for sure, But I think a few adjustments can be made.
1) Increase the hook timer. This will punish camping kilers and will allow the survivors to finish the gens
2) Maybe tone down the gen regression perks a bit. I personally do not think the gen times are horrible. I think that the perks used to slow down the gen regression should be adjusted more. Maybe when behvaiour gets sufficient data on whether perks affect gen speed they might.
3) For solo survivors, Try to bring back the status icons the devs promised as soon as possible. This will make it so that solo survivors can know what their teammates are doing
4) Make kindred basekit. SWF's have this perk by default. Why not make is basekit so that it will help the solo survivors as well
After this update, I feel that solos tend to play immersed and it is very understandable as well since they want to win.
Obviously there are people who are crying or threatening to quit the game after this update but those are a small fraction.
To everyone in this forum,
I'm sure behaviour devs will listen. They reverted the boil over changes when it was too op. Give them time. The devs are human after all. I'm sure this update took a lot of time and effort , being a software engineer myself, I know how difficult sometimes it can be to release a milestone, only for the end users to end up complaining.
Just ignore the people saying that behaviour favours Killers over survivors or vice versa. I mean let's be real, I'm pretty sure the devs don't find any pleasure by just nerfing one side or buffing the other side. That whole statement itself is pretty dumb if you ask me.
Comments
I think the update is mostly good. There’s one or two minor things I disagree with but on the whole the changes are reasonable.