Slightly longer killer queues, I guess the patch is a success.
I've noticed slightly longer killer queues yesterday evening, even if the player population stayed high.
I'm guessing that means players usually going for survivor at that time went for killer instead.
It means that survivors finally had smaller queues during the night (yay).
I'm assuming some of these switches are because playing the M1 killers is easier at the moment (MMR woes plus survivors getting used to the new state of the game). The situation should revert slightly once these newborn killers start going against good teams and/or survivors find a new META.
But in essence, as painful solo can be at the moment (also mostly because MMR) it means we are closer to balance than we ever did.
Comments
Yeah, I also think the BP incentives will help the queues quite a bit.
I noticed the same - instantaneous queue times are convenient, but also a sign that the matchmaker is desperate for a role to pair up with opponents. Hopefully this also means that match quality will increase!
Always has been, but for as long as I remember I've always played survivor during the day and switched to killer from 19:00 until the end of my game session.
Yesterday, I noticed longer queues and I even went back to survivor at some point.
Yeah I didn't read it all.
It may indeed. Even if I play both roles, because of time constraints I had more time for the killer side than for the survivor's. I'll be taking this opportunity to try to improve my survivor plays. (Especially since I'm only decent against killers like Nurse, Hag and Spirit)
I've been doing the same with my much-adored but seldom-played M1 killers. It's been super refreshing to spend more time on killers like Meyers and (addon-less) Spirit without feeling hopelessly outclassed just by loading into the game.
We need 2 big changes to make game better for everyone. Actually i will add one bonus too.
And i think we will have balanced and fun game again. Right now, killers feels better. SWF is okey. But sadly solo-q is so bad.
Indeed, I've played more M1 than Nurse myself. (While I'm a Nurse main)
Excited to play more Ghost Face too once they fix the chase music (again... [again... <again...>])
I'm pretty sure the biggest problem with solo is the matchmaking. If it improves (cfr earlier messages) it should improve solo-q automatically.
What, we are back to washing-machine time? Did they mess it up again this patch or was it not fixed before? (I'm only rarely playing Ghostface and rarely verse him)