This is one of my dumbest legendary skin suggestions but i'm posting it anyways

If you haven't seen Serial Experiments Lain and don't want spoilers, don't read this post.


image.png


Masami Eiri skin for Spirit.

Masami Eiri is the antagonist of Serial Experiments Lain. Eiri sought to break the barrier between reality and "the wired", a global communications network similar to the internet. He believed the only way forward for humanity was for people to abandon their physical forms and live as avatars within the wired.

While story-wise they aren't very similar, in the series Eiri demonstrates the ability to manifest himself into and out of reality at will, similarly to Spirit's phasing. While it isn't directly stated as far as I remember, it's also implied Eiri was dismembered by lying on train tracks. I think the blue tape seen on his body, arms and legs is meant to mark the points where this happened.

SEL isn't necessarily a horror anime but it's a very dark and psychological one. Much of the series is focused on the mental deterioration of the protagonist, Lain, brought about by Eiri and the Knights, an organization (i think?) he is allied with.

Comments

  • And you don't seem to understand

    A shame you seemed an honest man

    And all the fears you hold so dear

    Will turn to whisper in your ear

    And you know what they say might hurt you

    And you know that it means so much

    And you don't even feel a thing

    I am falling, I am fading

    I have lost it all

    And you don't seem the lying kind

    A shame that I can read your mind

    And all the things that I read there

    Candle-lit smile that we both share

    And you know I don't mean to hurt you

    But you know that it means so much

    And you don't even feel a thing

    I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning

    Help me to breathe

    I am hurting, I have lost it all

    I am losing

    Help me to breathe