Weird question, Was Hex: Ruin the problem all along?

So I've always felt that gens speeds were to fast also, and that Survivors should actually focus more on "rotating" gens to keep from getting caught more than just sit on a Gen until a chase starts and then looping the killer long enough for others to finish. Maybe though, just working on a Gen a bit and rotating wasn't a viable option, because Hex: Ruin forced the survivors to stay on the Gen as long as possible to get progress, therefore making chases to important to the formula. Now, with gens needing more attention, the threat of a chase being to lethal, and the removal of the meta to loop as long as possible, is it the case maybe that all of this came from the meta created, and sustained by Hex: Ruin?

Now with gens being a larger threat to just sit on (with a killer who is properly patrolling) and the ability to rotate successfully, is the meta finally going somewhere where it's best to not be found by the killer, and in chases to loss the killer, rather than just delay as long as possible?

Comments

  • I dont get it either, i wish BHVR would explain it deeper.

  • Imo, Ruin was already on its way out the door for the most part, even before it got completely destroyed. There were (and still are, especially now) far better alternatives that don’t involve relying on hex perks.

    I would still say that it’s overall good that it finally got nerfed, especially with 90 second gens, but it is admittedly pretty terrible now.

  • I don't think one perk really can account for all that.

    But if these changes represent a move away from wasting the killer's time to needing to get away or not be found I'll welcome it.

    Far more thematic to need to flee from the killer than to keep them busy.

  • I liked the concept of Ruin, it rewards you for pressuring survivors off gens. I love it on killers like Tombstone Myers, but mobile killers like Blight kinda soured me on ittbh

    I'm glad it got a tweak but they definitely overdid it. The new perks like Jolt Cola didnt need a Ruin nerf to make it shine

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Imo, Ruin was already on its way out the door for the most part, even before it got completely destroyed. There were (and still are, especially now) far better alternatives that don’t involve relying on hex perks.

    I would still say that it’s overall good that it finally got nerfed, especially with 90 second gens, but it is admittedly pretty terrible now.

    Actually, I think Hex: Ruin might be a good switch out for Corrupt Intervention now. You can down early without it dropping, if you have a travel power, like Sadako or Dredge and can keep pressure high on gens, they WILL have to leave the Gen, getting regression or spend time hunting down the totem, and if you can get 2 whole minutes of someone hunting a totem I stead of doing gens, then you may as well have gotten the same value as Corrupt Intervention.