I like the new update a lot but this game desperately needs these 2 changes.

This game really needs to provide a way for soloq survivors to communicate with each other,this has been said before but this update really makes this a necessity even more.

A real anticamping mechanic,camping was always strong despite what BHVR said that you can just do gens if the killer camps,this is almost never the case and survivors will always waste time trying to save for better or worse,you cant stop that,instead there should be a way to make camping detrimental for the killer,instead of beneficial,at least until the endgame.

My ideea of anticamp mechanics:

@Adaez said:

I'm looking at you Off the Record and the upcoming endurance meta.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmz3KjuanQ0

Now it wont be used for real 🤣

The next big problem in the journey of making Dead by Daylight less frustrationg,more enjoyable and balanced:

Facecamping,camping,proxy camping.

This is one of the things players have been complaining about the most for years and for good reasons.

I'm a killer main at heart but even I recognize camping is a bad strategy that works,especially on killers like Bubba where you can secure 1 kill every game just by downing a single survivor and camping them.

Someone gaved a really simple solution that I think will work.

1.Remove the hook timer until:

The killer hits another survivor with a basic or special attack.

This will force the killer to chose betwen camping or giving survivors unlimited time of finishing gens then come for the save unless the killer does what its supposed to do,hunt the remaining survivors after hooking someone instead of camping.

If you cant find a survivor in 30 seconds after hooking someone and no one comes for the save,you will get a notification of a random unhooked survivor on the map every 30 seconds so they cant hide forever and keep the game hostage.

Killers can just hit someone then go back to the hook if no one comes for the save.

So instead if the injured survivor is not downed or hit again within 30 seconds,the timer will stop until the killer will hit someone again.

2.The killer will no longer be able to insta down in a radius of 10m of a hooked survivor.

This will counter camping even on killers like Bubba with the best camping insta down in the game.

3.Deliverance change: Survivors can use deliverance to unhook themselvess only when the timer is not paused.

Also a change to Bubba since we're talking about it.

Bubba chainsaw automatically cancels after a survivor is hit.

I think this will fix the situation where he can use his chainsaw to hit and insta down more than 1 survivor at once especially when they try to save someone that is getting camped.

I think if all of these are implemented, Dead by Daylight will become a much better and balanced game for everyone.


Comments

  • The funny thing is, all those anti-tunnelling measures, if they even work, don’t do squat if they can’t even get to unhook you. Read; Camping Bubba.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    The funny thing is, all those anti-tunnelling measures, if they even work, don’t do squat if they can’t even get to unhook you. Read; Camping Bubba.

    I also took that in consideration when I camed up with my anticamping ideea and I think it should fix it.

  • Yeah, giving up on SoloQing at this point, which is what I did 95-98% percent of the time. I’ve always had more fun playing as a survivor as it genuinely felt challenging unless you went up against an inexperienced killer.

    I’ll admit, some of the weaker killers are more fun now…I guess? My problem with playing killer has always been that it is too easy, which gets boring (even at iridescent rankings). I’ve been slowly working through the killers to get the adept trophies.

    I decided to try Michael Myers for the first time today (having got him to 50 before the patch), I was able to get both the Shape Adept and Evil Incarnate trophies in 3-4 games, the latter of which is suppose to be the hardest trophy to achieve as I understand it. This is likely due to the changes in Spine Chill, making it easier to stalk survivors, but I was able to keep up Gen pressure with 4 Gens left when the match ended. Was it great to knock out those trophies? Sure? Will it continue to be fun long term? Probably not, especially in playing “Meta” killers.