Is crossplay safe for console?

Back in October there was a big scare about PC hackers being able to “brick” consoles - as in destroy them with malicious code somehow. The general advice was to keep crossplay disabled.

I’ve has crossplay off ever since, but now there this big juicy bloodpoint bonus taunting me! I never heard about a resolution to this threat, so now I’m asking the community. Is the danger still there?

Comments

  • That was a threat back in the day? 1st I've ever heard of it. But as far as I'm aware you're totally safe from crap like that. I'm a console player and have never encountered something like that on all the time crossplay has been avalible. You should be fine

  • Well personally as a ps4 player myself, I've never even heard of a PC player being able to completely destroy someone's account like that, in fact the day crossplay was introduced I turned that baby on right quick and haven't had any problems since my friend. If you do turn crossplay on I hope everything goes well for ya!

  • @yobuddd said:

    Back in October there was a big scare about PC hackers being able to “brick” consoles - as in destroy them with malicious code somehow. The general advice was to keep crossplay disabled.

    I’ve has crossplay off ever since, but now there this big juicy bloodpoint bonus taunting me! I never heard about a resolution to this threat, so now I’m asking the community. Is the danger still there?

    I've had crossplay turned on while on ps ever since it was added. Only ever turned it off for a couple games to see what it was like. I think you should be fine.