You heard it here first. First impressions after patch.


Overall, "and against all odds", the current gameplay favours Survivors (as I predicted). SWF is stronger than ever and getting 12 hooks is harder than ever. When Survivors are not doing stupid achievements or rituals, and focus, you can´t simply win.

Noticed so far:

  • Huge amount of Sprint Burst and speed perks. Maybe some were cheaters, that could be too, doubtful.
  • Survivors abusing on basekit BT to body block when trading hooks. They stay on the hook instead of leaving.
  • Off The Record completely nuts.
  • Dead Hard distance not being there is great, but I have seen Survivors timing it flawlessly (or else they were cheating).
  • Some people still have faith in Decisive Strike, not so much of a problem now, inconvenient if they rescue.
  • Pressuring generators is harder 1 slightly long chase is 2 gens gone, still.
  • Anectodical: scourge Hooks are mostly a failure. (I wasn´t a fan before, I am even less now).

I cannot tell if my matches today were against SWF, I know some were because at this time I play against a lot of red ranks typically, yet, even weaker Survivors feel stronger, hard to consistently 4K.

This patch is not so much of a Killer buff like everyone says as it forces you to chase and hit more and faster since regression perks are mostly gone and Survivors still have a plethora of healing and second chances perks.

Today, for me, and after the rank reset it has been all much harder games and much less Kills regardless of the tactic. Played Nurse, Twins and Dredge.

Got a couple of 4K against Lemmings. That´s all. Even then, it was harder than it should.

With regards to the bloodpoint system I have confronted opinions but I don´t care about skins and I had most perks in most killers I own, and they were all level 50. As for my Survivors, I barely play them and they are also all level 50 so no sure I will have to farm more or less.

Long story short:

Current DbD feels more like the old school DbD from years ago. Harder for killers and more sweaty.

Comments

  • With DH dead, Sprint Burst has taken over

    No joke most of my teammates had it (I also ran it for a good while too since I like practicing 99'd midchase SBs)

    It's to be expected