I thought bbq was just for the bloodpoints?

Killer mains kept saying bbq was only good for the bloodpoints. Why are so many killers still running it then? Weird it's almost like being able to see where every other survivor is is useful info! But yeah no need for nerf or anything.

Comments

  • @Mr_K said:

    Yeah it was, now I have a free perk slot.

    Now i can run 4 slowdown perks instead of 3

  • Speaking for myself I took it off my first game.

    I don't see the reason for complaining why someone would still use it for aura reading though. Literally incentivizes the killer to leave the hooked survivor and is easily countered. Do survivors like killers running 4 slowdowns or not?

  • @Lx_malice said:

    Speaking for myself I took it off my first game.

    I don't see the reason for complaining why someone would still use it for aura reading though. Literally incentivizes the killer to leave the hooked survivor and is easily countered. Do survivors like killers running 4 slowdowns or not?

    What is so hard about this to understand. First of all, do you really need bbq to leave the hook. Are you saying that if you don't have bbq killers wont ever leave the hook? OK. Then also how about this, you just nerf a really powerful perk you know how EVERY SINGLE META SURVIVOR PERK GOT NERFED TO WHERE YOU WONT EVER USE THEM. Dead hard nerf lasts 1 second? Oh wait that's actually still usable. We'll make it half a second to make sure nobody will use it.

  • @tendyhands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3070872#Comment_3070872

    Yeah knowing where people are right after you unhook is so trash lol. It's funny because I see high level killers running it while maxed on bp but all the casuals think it's "worthless".

    there are literary better perks for that

  • @tendyhands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071523#Comment_3071523

    What is so hard about this to understand. First of all, do you really need bbq to leave the hook. Are you saying that if you don't have bbq killers wont ever leave the hook? OK. Then also how about this, you just nerf a really powerful perk you know how EVERY SINGLE META SURVIVOR PERK GOT NERFED TO WHERE YOU WONT EVER USE THEM. Dead hard nerf lasts 1 second? Oh wait that's actually still usable. We'll make it half a second to make sure nobody will use it.

    I don't have any reason to camp. Sometimes others will do it cause it's the best play but idrc it's boring for me.

    So what you're saying is just because bbq is still useable in some peoples' eyes it should be nerfed to be useless because that's what happened to survivor perks? Idk about that one man. Instead of the whole petty "eye for an eye" thing why can't we just buff the now useless ex meta survivor perks to be at least useable again?

    Edit: And for the record I'm pretty sure dead hard can still be useable with good enough timing. It'll still be very useable against killers like huntress, trickster, pyramid, etc.

  • @tendyhands said:

    Killer mains kept saying bbq was only good for the bloodpoints. Why are so many killers still running it then? Weird it's almost like being able to see where every other survivor is is useful info! But yeah no need for nerf or anything.

    Nobody said it was only good for BP. But with just the aura reading, it's mid to low tier and situational at best, extremely counterable/predictable, and not worth the perk slot for many. I'd much rather rock Darkness Revealed.

    It was never OP.

  • I haven't seen it yet, but I did play a game using it.....forgot to change my old build.

  • better perks for seeing where's the survivor you want to kill next? which perks do that?

  • @VoidOfMe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071589#Comment_3071589

    better perks for seeing where's the survivor you want to kill next? which perks do that?

    Darkness revealed does what you want but better without requirement of hooking

    If they kept the bp bonus on it I'd just keep using it as it's aura reading properties are basically useless, way too many requirements

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3072317#Comment_3072317

    Darkness revealed does what you want but better without requirement of hooking

    If they kept the bp bonus on it I'd just keep using it as it's aura reading properties are basically useless, way too many requirements

    • When you search a Locker, the Auras of all Survivors within 8 metres of any Locker are revealed to you for Several Seconds.

    you can't be serious

  • Go and look through my history. I called BBQ meta several times in the past and I clearly said that I would run it even if the bonus was removed. And now BBQ + Lethal Pursuer is my go to perks on Blight. (Cough* and compound 21)

  • @tendyhands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3070475#Comment_3070475

    Yeah but once again all the killer mains said "bbq doesnt need a nerf it's only useful for the bloodpoints!" and here we are and people still running it like I knew they would. BBQ is an insanely strong perk and missed out on the nerf train because it also gave bp.

    Some people might just haven't switched it out, yet. It's only the first day and I haven't looked over 3/4 my rosters builds.

  • @VoidOfMe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3072329#Comment_3072329

    • When you search a Locker, the Auras of all Survivors within 8 metres of any Locker are revealed to you for Several Seconds.

    you can't be serious

    Try it, on most maps you'll almost always hit someone within 8m of a locker. Survivors have no warning you're about to use it, unlike BBQ which announces it's about to ping everyone, giving them all a chance to hide from it.

    Not so good on swamp maps, but literally unavoidable on Midwich, where the killers 40m radius would cover most of the map anyway.

  • @VoidOfMe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3072329#Comment_3072329

    • When you search a Locker, the Auras of all Survivors within 8 metres of any Locker are revealed to you for Several Seconds.

    you can't be serious

    I find it funny how you think thats bad when most gens are around lockers also on certain maps it's locker city leading to you getting easy info by just slamming a locker lmao

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3072334#Comment_3072334

    I find it funny how you think thats bad when most gens are around lockers also on certain maps it's locker city leading to you getting easy info by just slamming a locker lmao

    8 meters, baby

    8 meters and you have to go on searching lockers for it to work as BBQ you get it for hooking someone, which is what you are supposed to be doing anyway?

    Lethal (buffed) -> Hook in the first 30 seconds -> Chain with forever aura reading

    If DR was so much metter, why aren't people using it? I only see killers runing lethal and BBQ right now.

  • Are you honestly complaining about BBQ, a Perk that grants mediocre info that gets outclassed by an Add-On?

1 2 ›