Came across an exploit strategy that I've never seen before.

I came across a newly revamped version of an old exploit strategy earlier this morning, and I was impressed (both by the malicious creativity of the strategy itself and the fact that I butchered them all in spite of it).

Everyone remembers the Boil Over exploit that caused survivors on RPD to become unhookable in the library after its buff, right? Someone actually found a way to make it more or less viable again.

I started a game as Clown (useless brown addons, as I'm saving the good ones for the update) against an SWF team lead by a French twitch streamer with nearly 20K followers (not sure if I'm allowed to say the name, but I do want everyone to know that I beat a streamer with 20K followers and his SWF squad while they were using an innovative exploit strategy with my Stadia controller Clown on RPD). They were all running toolboxes, Boil Over, and various meta perks along with an RPD offering.

I quickly realized that they had brought the RPD offering in hopes that a totem would spawn in or near the library, and it did in a room adjacent. A Mikayla blessed it with CoH, Dark Theory, and Exponential. Three of them ran to the top of the library in an attempt to loop me while the fourth did gens nearby. The boon totem was positioned in such a way that I could barely hear it in one corner, and I wouldn't have heard it at all if I hadn't been paying close attention. If I slugged them all, they would crawl to said and corner revive themselves with the boon totem and heal as quickly as possible. If I tried to hook one of them, the rest would swarm the nearest hook with toolboxes, and I couldn't get to any others because they were all running Boil Over.

Unfortunately for them, I was running a Pentimento/Ruin/SH/Plaything build.

(I'll pause to note that this is actually the first time I've run Shattered Hope since it's been released.)

I slugged them a few times to get their timers to go down enough that I might be able to take them out later, while occasionally chasing a Laurie off of nearby gens until she ran off to go cleanse Ruin. The others probably figured that if I tried to get rid of the boon, they could all heal in the meantime and have Mikayla sneak up behind me and bless it as soon as I'd returned, but instead, the boon got stomped and relit as a Pentimento totem, and they all began to panic and spread out. Long story short, Mikayla bled out on the floor, and the other three died on hook.

I was pretty proud of myself, honestly. I'd never seen that build before, and I probably wouldn't have won if I hadn't been running the build that I was.

Comments

  • Pretty lucky to get so much value from SH on your first try of it. I’ve run it 3 times with no value, so I can’t get myself to keep using it. Glad you got the win~

  • Nice win. It feels so satisfying when you bring a niche build that actually perfectly counters the other side.

    I've had a similar thing happen to me only they brought no mithers/breakdown/boil over. Glad you were able to adapt and overcome and not get frustrated. It seems like you handled the situation perfectly.

  • When I see RPD offering, or when we are summoned into that map, I give up immediately. I just go hiding near the exit gate and let survs do the gens. And when they're done, I open the gate and go some corner or basement so that they can't farm chase points.

  • @Hi_Im_Chucky said:

    Pretty lucky to get so much value from SH on your first try of it. I’ve run it 3 times with no value, so I can’t get myself to keep using it. Glad you got the win~

    I didn't get any value out of it the game after that. I think it's a trash perk in general, but it's essential if you're running a Pentimento build. I still see boon totems two out of three matches, so I think I'll get some use out of it. It's just not useful enough to run on its own without Pentimento and a couple of Hex perks.

    @amazing_grace said:

    Nice win. It feels so satisfying when you bring a niche build that actually perfectly counters the other side.

    I've had a similar thing happen to me only they brought no mithers/breakdown/boil over. Glad you were able to adapt and overcome and not get frustrated. It seems like you handled the situation perfectly.

    It really does feel satisfying.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    This has existed for months. Whenever i see an rpd offering as killer, i seem to collapse on my desk, pressing alt f4 in the process.

    I almost did that exactly when I saw the RPD offering and no flan. I don't mind RPD at all on most of my mains, just because Shape, Ghostface, and Sadako do so well on it, but Clown has a much harder time. I'd never seen this strategy before, but if you see and RPD offering with an SWF, you know they're plotting something heinous.

    @Triplehoo said:

    When I see RPD offering, or when we are summoned into that map, I give up immediately. I just go hiding near the exit gate and let survs do the gens. And when they're done, I open the gate and go some corner or basement so that they can't farm chase points.

    Who do you main? I don't mind RPD at all if I'm playing Shape or Ghostface, but I ######### hate Coldwind with a passion on every killer.