Ideas for buffing (weak) killers
Hello fellow players i have been playing the game for about 1.5k hours now
And ive gotta say im still bad at killer, surprisingly enough its not my fault but the games fault... some killers are just so weak its unbearable playing with them. Killers like Onryo, Trickster or Plague need a buff. I was also thinking about giving basekit shadowborn to killers that are slower than 4.6m/s (normal speed) so they feel faster and smoother to play (looking at you trickster and legion)... The update tomorrow is going to buff survivors so much anyway. They could also introduce a similar mechanic like Noed as basekit to make killers atleast get a consolation kill. My friends have also been playing for a while now and they are also agreeing with me on this topic. It is so annoying playing killer and being outran by the survivors . I have about 500 hours on killer and the highest rank ive ever gotten was Silver 1. This is so stupid, ive been forced to use Hex: no one escapes death because else i just cannot save a kill. Any thoughts ?
Greetings Christina from belarus
Comments
Keep running NOED then, why should killers receive basekit NOED (even if it's a toned down version) to reward bad gameplay, that was the reason so many killers hated DH and now it's getting nerfed. You're not gonna win every match just like how survivors won't escape every match. Killers are recieving base-kit STBFL and Brutal to help against survivors and gen times are being increased (barely though unfortunately) to make up for nerfed gen regression perks.
Tunneling and camping are also gonna be a viable strategy no matter how annoying they are to use/play against because several survivor meta perks (including the ones to counteract tunneling) are being nerfed, with one being buffed. Killers are gonna be doing great after this update, because they're buffing Killers due to survivors receiving quite a few buffs during the previous updates. Take it as is right now, but don't say "survivors are getting a huge buff" this game isn't supposed to be easy mode on either side, they're actually trying to make the killers more scary against the survivors with the buffs, and good on them.
Toned down shadowborn I don't mind being bass kit on the weaker killers, that's no problem to me, but you don't deserve a free kill for your bad gameplay, if you want a free kill, run NOED.
How is plague in any way weak? She’s very strong and completely counters the self heal meta we have currently
I don't think Plague is in need of a buff at all. She's a very strong killer. She's either a perma-tier 3 Myers or a rapid-fire Huntress depending on whether survivors cleanse.
At most, she needs her power looking at to make it more streamlined. Because it sends an array of discrete objects rather than a steady stream of vomit, survivors can pretty easily dodge between them if you're careless in your spray.
Also this new update is also buffing killers considerably too. It's reducing survivors speed boosts when hit, reducing killers attack cooldowns, and increasing the speed of breaking pallets/doors/gens. This is an overall buff to weaker killers who rely on a more hit-and-run chase style of play.
So... I do agree that Killer Field of View should be a slider in the options menu and not a perk.
Other than that... no I don't agree with anything you said. Did you miss that in the patch notes they're giving Killers... 50% of Brutal Strength, 25% of Save the best for last, 10%ish of Pop Goes the Weasel at base? On top of that they're making gens 10s longer and making Survivors post hit speed boost shorter. Most of these changes will be much more appreciated by the lower tier killers than the higher ones, so let's see how those changes shake out first.
I will say though that Onryo probably needs her tvs to turn back on faster.
Nothing personal, I do agree some killers need changes to help them but to claim that you lose and it's not your fault? That's absolutely wrong and that mindset is what's wrong with a big part of the community is being unable to go back and acknowledge mistakes that were made during a loss, and the reason I can say that confidently is because you admitted even though you've played for 1500 hours you've only made it to silver 1 as a killer, am I saying you're bad? No I'm not and I'm not hating because I respect anyone who is willing to play killer, just try to remember there are always ways you could improve, if I can take a Onryo only to iridescent 1 then so could you if you really put in the effort to get there.