Mid.ch. prestige question
So for the mid chapter patch coming out if for example Dwight is prestige 1 after the update he will be prestige 3 and I unlock all his teachable at tier 3 off the bat? Just need clarification if this is how it will work. If so I should just prestige 1 all my characters then an once the update is out all works are unlock at max level.?
Comments
Dowsey confirmed it on his YouTube. Yes P1ing characters before the update gets them P3 after the update and it also does unlock their perks on everyone else immediately.
R u serious? You mean for the first time in my life I’m going to have all Killers with all Perks because I got everyone to at least P1?
oh man, I have so many builds to try.
Yep it’s going to be fun.
Do you happen to know if it also unlocks their portraits at P1 or is that only if they're at P3 before the update?
It’s only if you had them P3 initially.
Ah okay, ty!
Also keep in mind that there is a "catch-up mechanic" to automatically give you a certain number of prestige levels based on how many perks you have on each character. If you have 170+ perk tiers unlocked on a character (a tier III perk counts as 3 tiers), that character will automatically be P3 (or higher) when the new system comes out.
In my case, for instance, I have several killers who have LOTS of perk tiers, but are prestige level 0. I will absolutely NOT get those characters to P1 now, as that would mean losing all of my addons. Instead, those killers will automatically go to P3, P4, P5, or whatever once the new system arrives.
TL;DR: For characters with very few perks on them, it's smart to P1 them now (as long as you don't mind losing their items/addons). Be more cautious with characters who already have lots of perks on them, since they will automatically get prestige levels with the catch-up system.