Renewal and the new base BT&OTR

Probably needs a change because unless the killer is elsewhere all Renewal is going to do is heal Deep Wounds.

Also, Guardian isn't going to be helpful unless the speeds stack. Only benefit is seeing the killer aura and if they are coming back to hook.

Perks are clashing with other effects

Comments

  • I hope they respond to this I like using renewal

  • I'm sure they will. It probably won't be right this second though lol. I'm sure it came down to a priorities vs the limit that they have to make changes at a time. They probably felt the need to make these major changes first as they were the most wanted/needed. But they'll probably adjust these clashing perks in the next balance update.

    So it'll probably look like this:

    This patch release

    Then the resident evil 2 patch

    And then a patch making adjustments to the clashing perks, as well as slight killer nerfs/buffs as needed. Nothing too crazy, but there will probably be a lot of slight adjustments.

    Like the perk adjustments, and then probably the blight tech fix, maybe a few number changes for Sadako or dredge. Stuff like that.

  • I mean, if it removes your deepwound that’s still better than what would happen now, which would be getting downed and then you just lose the perk because it doesn’t do anything if you’re on the ground.

  • Healing deepwounds is still recovering a health state.

    Sometimes perks clash and that's entirely by design, such as the new haemorrhage changes and Resurgence. Not everything is designed to work 100% of the time, some perks working together like free endurance states and Renewal could be too strong, or if the other side brings a counter perk, then it counters it.

    Deliverance and Renewal don't work together for example. And Inner Healing has the exact same issue with deepwound.

  • @Seraphor said:

    Healing deepwounds is still recovering a health state.

    Sometimes perks clash and that's entirely by design, such as the new haemorrhage changes and Resurgence. Not everything is designed to work 100% of the time, some perks working together like free endurance states and Renewal could be too strong, or if the other side brings a counter perk, then it counters it.

    Deliverance and Renewal don't work together for example. And Inner Healing has the exact same issue with deepwound.

    Though I'm not sure if your example is really the best, because you don't come off hook with a 50% full health bar that slowly loses progress. You just get... nothing. And I'm really not sure that's intended, especially considering how the perk is worded. ("After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, instantly gain 40/45/50 % to your Healing progress.") Certainly doesn't sound like it.