Prestige is mandatory???

I thought it worked the same as it does now. You can prestige if you want for the shiny emblem or whatever people care about. Now I'm reading that you have to?

The forced prestige cost combined with the awful bloodwebs you get at early levels reduces the available BP for later levels implicitly. It's an increased cost for higher rarity items and addons by extension.

This is awful. I don't care about the internet kudos of the emblems. I want my stuff. I'd never prestige if I didn't have to.

Comments

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095810#Comment_3095810

    If you had every perk in the game, then your characters would be P6 minimum, plus extras for any existing Prestige levels.

    NO they only needed to be lvl 40 to unlock all the perks for them. the fact that you're defending this system is evidence enough you could care less.. go find something else to bide your time.. because I am more than well aware of the fact i've been flat out robbed and it's not some "entitled misconception" you boof

  • @Sparks741420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095790#Comment_3095790

    ALL OF MY CHARACTERS WERE LVL 50 some P1 some P2 etc. as in my example my P2 lvl 50 which should be P8 lvl 50 is now P6. characters I had just lvl 50 (to unlock perks) are still at 0 prestige instead of P2 lvl 50. This isn't a bug its behavior rounding everyone down and screwing me out of hundreds of millions of bps and perks etc.

    You know what your right behaviour is targeting you personally it cant be a bug even though many people are reporting it worked for them.

    Behaviour is specifically targeting you to screw you out of all the time you put into the game and to force you specifically to grind a whole bunch more.

  • @Sparks741420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095813#Comment_3095813

    NO they only needed to be lvl 40 to unlock all the perks for them. the fact that you're defending this system is evidence enough you could care less.. go find something else to bide your time.. because I am more than well aware of the fact i've been flat out robbed and it's not some "entitled misconception" you boof

    You're talking about teachables.

    You still have teachables unlocked.

    You are still able to find those perks on the bloodwebs of other characters.

    You haven't lost anything, you can still obtain all of those perks the same way as before, via the bloodwebs of individual characters.

    What you don't have is the perks automatically unlocked on other characters, which requires that you prestige characters. You either didn't prestige them before the patch, or you didn't meet the prerequisite number of unlocked perks to gain prestige levels on those characters.

    Don't have a tantrum just because you've failed to understand the system. "entitled misconception" in this case is 100% accurate.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095820#Comment_3095820

    You're talking about teachables.

    You still have teachables unlocked.

    You are still able to find those perks on the bloodwebs of other characters.

    You haven't lost anything, you can still obtain all of those perks the same way as before, via the bloodwebs of individual characters.

    What you don't have is the perks automatically unlocked on other characters, which requires that you prestige characters. You either didn't prestige them before the patch, or you didn't meet the prerequisite number of unlocked perks to gain prestige levels on those characters.

    Don't have a tantrum just because you've failed to understand the system. "entitled misconception" in this case is 100% accurate.

    everything I had is locked which shouldnt be. there's no "system" that i dont understand.. everything i did have and should have I don't because they rounded everything off of my account. 5-20 thousand matches worth to be exact. I know exactly what the case is... more and more players leaving this poor excuse of an update and game in the trash.

  • @Sparks741420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095999#Comment_3095999

    everything I had is locked which shouldnt be. there's no "system" that i dont understand.. everything i did have and should have I don't because they rounded everything off of my account. 5-20 thousand matches worth to be exact. I know exactly what the case is... more and more players leaving this poor excuse of an update and game in the trash.

    "I know exactly what the case is..."

    You literally dont. 🤦‍♂️ Reread what I said, then go check your bloodwebs. You still have everything you had before unlocked as teachables.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3097453#Comment_3097453

    "I know exactly what the case is..."

    You literally dont. 🤦‍♂️ Reread what I said, then go check your bloodwebs. You still have everything you had before unlocked as teachables.

    no I don't stop telling me I do

  • me and a large group of my friends have stopped playing the game all together... This update has been a major tragedy and people who defend the way this system has robbed us clearly have zero care at all about what it's taken from us. I will not repeat the 5-20,000 games required to get what I already should have. I'll be on that very long list of ppl who have put DBD away until this matter is resolved...

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    I thought it worked the same as it does now. You can prestige if you want for the shiny emblem or whatever people care about. Now I'm reading that you have to?

    The forced prestige cost combined with the awful bloodwebs you get at early levels reduces the available BP for later levels implicitly. It's an increased cost for higher rarity items and addons by extension.

    This is awful. I don't care about the internet kudos of the emblems. I want my stuff. I'd never prestige if I didn't have to.

    It does reduce the grind, because even if you dont prestige everyone and have only a couple prestiged it still gets rid of all those perks, so you only have to buy the ones for people you dont have prestiged/default perks/tier 1-2 making you buy less perks in the long run. Thats what most people are grinding for, is perks.

1 2 ›