Plage's Corrupt Fountains placement in Grim Pantry Map.
As shown in the screenshots shortly before ending the match, I noticed that while playing as The Plage, my fountains spawned around the borders and even on the edges of the map, with none on the actual insides. On the screenshots I'm placed exactly in one of the edges whith a fountain right by my side (from wich I took the corrupt purge that is shown active in the screanshots), while it's also visible the auras of the other fountains in a long distance.
Knowing that Grim Pantry is a kind of big map, with lots of obstacles surrounding the borders, and the main structures, loops, gens, and basically the main interaction bewteen the killer and survivors during the match is focused around the center of the map, it is very inconvenient to have every fountain so long from the main interaction of the match, I didn't have any time during the match to go and get my corrupt purge power because every fountain was far away and going there meant leaving the gens and survivors free to progress the match for a time that would have meant for me to loose the match pretty easily just for going away to get my power and not being able to apply pressure.
So, this match I basically played as a basic attack killer with my power being extremely limited as I never got to get my corrupt purge because that meant a big progress on the survivor side.
I played to the best that I could without my power, and even after actually getting two kills playing very hard, I still de-piped in the grade system, wich made me lose some progress before the grade reset, but this is not the main problem; The main problem is actually not being able to use my powers as a killer.
It is possible that it was just bad luck from the randomness of map generation, because sure there are spawn placements in the actual inside part of the map, I just probably wasn't lucky. But still it's a problem because it is something that can actually happen. And I think it has a very easy solving, just tweaking a little bit the numbers and odds of fountains spawning more in the parts of the map were the action takes place.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope this helps for the fixing of this weird random-generation problems! Sorry for the long text and hope I help. See you in the fog.
-DemorMiau <3


Comments