Unfair skill checks should go already!!

What I mean by this is, regular skill checks that appear at the same time as you get off a gen or interrupt a healing action. You cannot do anything about this. By the time you realize a skill check has appeared, you've already made a noise notification, lost some % on your medkit, so you won't be able to fully heal yourself with it (if it has 16 charges).

What I am suggesting is not removing those skill checks. What I am suggesting is make those skill checks behave like Overcharge skill checks. As in, If I get off a gen, and at that same milisecond a skill check procs, let the skill check continue, so I have a chance of hitting it (or missing it). Don't make the skill check automatically fail. It is so incredibly annoying and frustrating. To lose a portion of a medkit, to notify the killer, not because of my incompetence, but due to a bad game mechanic design.

Skill checks should always be fair. Overcharge, Opression, Huntress Lullaby are fair. Even DS is fair in theory. But that's another story. Failing a skill check because of the unfortunate timing, and there was nothing you could do, is really unfair and makes the game frustrating. If I fail a skill check because I wasn't paying enough attention, good! That's an intended game mechanic, and should require my skill and attention.

But skill checks that I cannot do anything about, that make me lose my medkit charges, and also notify the killer of my location and/or which gen is being worked on, are absurd. Overcharge is fair, the skill check continues even if I let off of the gen. I can still fail it, but then that's due to me. PLEASE make the regular skill checks behave like this as well! Give us a fair chance to hit them, or fail them. Failing them is okay, as long as it's fair, and there was an option to hit them.

Comments

  • I'm totally for this.

    Some time ago I lost a match due to this type of skillcheck.

    It was vs Twins, they had maybe 2 hooks by the time we had 4 gens done and the last was on 90%. I was soloq and worked with another mate on this last Gen. At around 95% the killer came and I let go so they would not grab me (i feared that the other survivor would not be able to finish it in time since she was injured). Guess what. I got one of these stupid skillchecks and after that everything fell apart. Twins slugged and no one had Unbreakable and so the killer got a 4k.

    This is how unfair they are.

  • Yes, completely agreed!

    Those way too annoying and frustrating, and they obviously already have the means to fix it!

  • This content has been removed.
  • Yeah, these skill checks are not about a player's skill or planning. They are simply just random and unfair. There is no way to counter them, and they can turn the match quite a lot in the favor of the killer, even cost you the entire match. Overcharge already deals with this successfully, the should be easily fixable!!