Tips for starting on PC

Hi everyone, I have just made the switch to pc after being on console for my whole life and finding it surprisingly difficult to get used to the movement, I struggle with looking behind me in chase so I was wondering if it takes a while to get used to mouse and keyboard or if there is any tips PC veterans can give me?

Comments

  • If you want to keep using M&K, practice, practice and rebinding your controls to keys that you find comfortable using

    or, if you play only survivor, you can keep using a controller, there shouldn't be a whole lot difference

  • Well i don't know which tips you need. But keep pratice, you will get good on M&K.

    And plus you can use gamepad on pc too, so if you feel better with gamepad you can use it.

  • I don't know if it'll help, but I've seen two streamers using their M2 to run as a Survivor. I tried it, and it was first very weird to me, but now, I can't live without M2 to run.

    It's more comfortable for the fingers.

    As the others said, keep practicing. Try to focus on one thing at a time, like focus on looking behind you and when you feel comfortable with it, you can start practicing something else. I'd say go to a tutorial match to practice without being worried to be against a real player. It helps to get used of new controls, etc.

  • I would continue to use a controller for survivors. You will be able to turn tight as a tiger

  • I would bind skill checks to M4, so much better than spacebar IMO.

    Lower the sensitivity, when I started it was waaaayyyy too high.

    Bind look left and right to Q and E, that helps with some Killers, especially Billy.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051054#Comment_3051054

    Yeap. Key bindings are important. I don't use shift for running. I use m4 on my mouse. Right where my thumb is.

    That's a really good idea considering I frequently am accidentally letting go of shift while I'm in chase. Thanks!

  • Thanks everyone, I want to continue using M&K so I'll keep practicing and slowly get better at it. Idk why I never thought of binding keys to my mouse.