Frustrating solo experience rant

Earlier I was in a match against a Hag. I was on the hook with a trap right next to me. Another survivor crouches over to me and unhooks me. I go to move away from the hook and trap but the survivor starts to heal me. The Hag immediately runs back to the hook and even though we can clearly see her coming, and even though she's not that fast, I knew there was no way he was going to be able to heal me in time. But I could not walk or run away from the heal because it would set the trap off and the Hag would down me and it would not let me crouch away from the heal. So I was in a lose-lose thanks to this survivor. He waits till the last second before she reaches us to give up healing and the Hag slugs me and then quickly downs him too. We both spend the next minute dying on the hook and the other 2 survivors escape no problem.

Incredibly frustrating experience consolidated into 10 seconds that ruined the whole trial for me.

Comments

  • It definitely sounds frustrating. A lot of players are slower to react to the terror radius for various reasons. Could be a disability, or it could be the gameplay environment. I'm guilty of assuming every teammate is playing like I do, with a pair of good headphones in a quiet environment. The TR is easy for me to hear. Reality is, a lot of players are probably playing on TV speakers from across the room and may have a lot of background noise.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It definitely sounds frustrating. A lot of players are slower to react to the terror radius for various reasons. Could be a disability, or it could be the gameplay environment. I'm guilty of assuming every teammate is playing like I do, with a pair of good headphones in a quiet environment. The TR is easy for me to hear. Reality is, a lot of players are probably playing on TV speakers from across the room and may have a lot of background noise.

    Yeah that could be it. I'm over it now, but sometimes it feels like playing this game solo isn't 4v1 but 1v1v1v1v1 lol

    It is helpful to think the way you do and give people the benefit of the doubt, though, that's for sure. I don't always do that, so thanks for the reminder!

  • One bad interaction lead to death in a horror game, really I wouldn't dwell on it and just move onto the next game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It definitely sounds frustrating. A lot of players are slower to react to the terror radius for various reasons. Could be a disability, or it could be the gameplay environment. I'm guilty of assuming every teammate is playing like I do, with a pair of good headphones in a quiet environment. The TR is easy for me to hear. Reality is, a lot of players are probably playing on TV speakers from across the room and may have a lot of background noise.

    One step further, another issue with SoloQ is people playing without making any effort to maintain their auditory environment. This is just another thing SWF's tend to optimize because they are willing to take the additional extra steps.

    Edit: Thought process being, SWFs will generally tell a friend to shut the ######### up and mute themselves or stop getting distracted, as they can hear their auditory environment and hold them accountable.