Perks where you have to play around them even if they aren't in the game shouldn't exist.

obvious examples are DH, DS, unbreakable, NOED.

I think its bad game design if you have to act like these perks are active in your match regardless of anyone's perklayout.

this is just my opinion but DS and unbreakable should have a tell to notify the killer that those perks are being

run.

noed should notify survivors once last gen is complete or just not exist.

and dh (even its new version) just shouldn't exist.

BT was also one but making it basekit solved that problem imo.

Comments

  • What you are suggesting will just make the perks useless

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There's a lot of perks like that. You can't possibly know if a killer has Devour Hope until he gains 3 stacks, is Devour Hope unhealthy?

    Learning what build is your opponent running is part of the gameplay as well. If I see a killer that I know for sure has, for example, Tinkerer + Pop + Corrupt + Bambozlee, I know I don't need to be wortied about NOED at the end.

    Also nothing in this game should be risk free. If DS and UB had tells for when a survivor has them, tunneling and slugging would be easier than what they already are.

    wouldn't ds having a tell discourage tunnelling, if I knew for sure x survivor has ds, I'd avoid chasing them for the next minute.

    you are right about other perks that are similar but they would need to be looked at case by case basis and their power levels. devour hope isn't a great example as the tell is the speed boost as well as a glowing totem.

    I understand the intrigue of not knowing the opponents perks, but I think there is a difference between not knowing their perks and feeling like you have to play around perks that doesn't exist.


    @KateDunson said:

    What you are suggesting will just make the perks useless

    or non-existent

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There's a lot of perks like that. You can't possibly know if a killer has Devour Hope until he gains 3 stacks, is Devour Hope unhealthy?

    Learning what build is your opponent running is part of the gameplay as well. If I see a killer that I know for sure has, for example, Tinkerer + Pop + Corrupt + Bambozlee, I know I don't need to be wortied about NOED at the end.

    Also nothing in this game should be risk free. If DS and UB had tells for when a survivor has them, tunneling and slugging would be easier than what they already are.

    I agree with this 100%. If you don't want to eat a DS or UB the try not to tunnel or slug. There's more incentives to cleanse totems other than preventing NOED (boon perks, inner healing, haddie's new totem perk). Even off the wall stuff like Clairvoyance can be niche, while still encouraging survivors to cleanse.

    I wish I knew why Dissolution warns survivors though. Spirit Fury doesn't warn survivors so why should Dissolution? Its not a non-hex perk with a specific action to activate. Survivors will be less inclined to do said action this negating the perk itself.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333019/perks-where-you-have-to-play-around-them-even-if-they-arent-in-the-game-shouldnt-exist

    If you knew a survivor had unbreakable you never leave them slugged. What would be the point of the perk?

    It would solve slugging lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333019/perks-where-you-have-to-play-around-them-even-if-they-arent-in-the-game-shouldnt-exist

    If you knew a survivor had unbreakable you never leave them slugged. What would be the point of the perk?

    "Unbreakable 2, but we call it No mither"

    -The devs... Probably

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3046408#Comment_3046408

    If the survivors who run DS had a tell they have the perk, that means any survivor without the tell could easily be tunneled out of the game. Currently DS does a band aid job of being the only anti-tunnel measure in the game. Maybe in the future if devs add something useful as basekit to prevent tunneling (no, 5 seconds of BT is not an anti-tunnel measure) you could consider adding a warning for DS, but right now it should stay as it is.

    On the case of other perks, you can see how adding a warning for every perk would be bad by looking at Dissolution. It adds a visual warning for when it's active so the survivor can just not vault a pallet, so you might never see the perk do what it is supposed to do.

    You do bring up a very good point, the biggest downside to this suggestion is that players will feel like they have to run ds, I'd argue making Ds basekit would solve that issue.

    Your reasoning is probably the reason that it's never been explored