I have MORE questions about the catch up system

On pc, I don't play enough to have anyone close enough to see the effects of the catch up system. So I was HOPING someone could answer a question about it.

In the patch notes, it reads:

  • Existing players will have their characters granted prestige levels in the new system based on the following:
  • 1 level per existing Prestige level (maximum of 3)
  • If the character has 70 or more Perks unlocked (Counting each tier of a perk separately):
  • 1 level for 70-119 Perks
  • 2 levels for 120-169 Perks
  • 3 levels for 170-219 Perks
  • 4 levels for 220-269 Perks
  • 5 levels for 270-319 Perks
  • 6 levels for 320+ Perks

Now, I understand the perk part. However, I don't understand the "1 level per existing Prestige" part. How I read this based on order and wording is that if you're Prestige 1, you'll be Prestige 2 post-update. However what friends are telling me is, "No you still need to hit that 70 perk mark for the 'existing Prestige' part to take effect." So is that true? If it is, that's not how it reads. At least to me. It doesn't insinuate that the 1 level per existing Prestige is linked to the perks outside of the fact that they'll both grant you levels.

Comments

  • I agree with your interpretation of it. If you have a P3 character, then you start off at level 3 - THEN it adds on the perk calculation to see if you go beyond.

  • I don't know if that helps you, but my laurie is P1 Level 50 (just 50, I'm pretty sure that I had less than 70 perk tiers unlocked) and she was P2 Level 50 on PTB, so I think you're right.

  • Based on content creators showing what happened to their characters in the PTB you are correct.

    Each existing prestige level awards a bonus prestige level: P1 becomes P2, P2 becomes P4, and P3 becomes P6.

    Additional prestige levels are awarded based on perk tiers.

    A current P3 survivor with all perks at tier 3 ends up being P12. A fully maxed killer will be P11 because there are less available killer perks.