Meta-Shakeup Perk Suggestions
I do like several of the perk changes we've seen on the PTB. However, if we want to see more parity between perk choice I believe a few more changes are in order.
Aftercare (this is a neat perk that is gutted by having a reset).
Remove the effect reset after being hooked by the killer. It takes effort to unhook and heal teammates and the reward should be allowed to stay.
Kinship (camping isn't really addressed in the current changes, some QoL changes to Kinship should make it more viable).
Allow Kinship to work in both the Summoning Phase and the Struggle Phase. Also have it remove skill checks in the struggle phase. This will give survivors more ways to directly counter camping. Change the timer pause to 10/15/20 seconds for each phase (for a total possible of 40 seconds across both phases).
(Kinship isn't chosen since a lot of matches a Killer will commit to camping to assure the survivor hits struggle phase, enabling it to make an impact during the Summoning Phase will make Kinship a more viable choice)
Dance With Me (It's always been niche and this buff would make it less niche)
Reduce the cooldown to 20 seconds to be synchronized with Quick and Quiet. It would be a fun build to mind game with, while not being too strong. Dance with me being a 40 second cooldown makes the perk very unusable in the current meta.
Beast of Prey
Grants the undetectable status upon gaining bloodlust. Undetectable status ends if the killer is stunned, or a survivor enters the injured or dying state. It's too easy to lose bloodlust in a given match, moving the removal of undetectable to something that the killer can play around will make this perk a more viable choice.
Comments
Well I've been testing Kinship out.
Kinship needs a better notification to the survivor team that it is active. This is solo queue with console teammates (I'm on PC), my teammates had no idea I was running Kinship and they ditched thinking that the time was out. Something in the status HUD should reflect that Kinship is active, not just show an empty bar.
EDIT: I recommend filling the hook phase bar with yellow "bonus time". Similar to deep wounds