just finished the new stranger things season (spoilers obviously)

enjoyed it a lot. final scene has me very excited for season 5

not a fan of them doing the whole "introduce a likable character and kill them off in the same season" thing again with eddie though. like c'mon man

i'm curious if they're gonna touch more on what the nature of the upside down/mind flayer is next season though, the part where vecna shows eleven what happened after he got sent there showing the barren yellow landscape, a demogorgon and the mind flayer just kinda,, there was interesting. apparently the duffers have a 30 page document explaining it in full detail, can't imagine that they're gonna reveal every single aspect and that's honestly a good thing but i'm curious regardless

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    not a fan of them doing the whole "introduce a likable character and kill them off in the same season" thing again with eddie though. like c'mon man

    yeah it's becoming predictable at this point.

    Season 2 it was Bob

    Season 3 it was Billy

    Season 4 it was Eddie

    They also have the character that seems like they could become a main character but die very early on

    Season 1 was Barb

    Season 4 was Chrissy AND Fred

    i can't remember if there's characters like that in season 2 and 3 but yeah, it's becoming kind of predictable.

    i'd say for season 3 it was alexei, billy's death was done well imo and is very relevant to season 4's plot

  • At least Steve survived!!!

  • I think it was well done but I was kind of expecting a main character to die. While max was one of my favorites, they should have just let her go to give the show a bit more gravitas.

    The question I have now is do the Russians have their own powerful psychic or two? How the hell were they able the capture all of them demogorons and part of the mind flayer? Will they be introduced in he final season and join Eleven when she has the final confrontation with Mr Shadow Spider thing?

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    I think it was well done but I was kind of expecting a main character to die. While max was one of my favorites, they should have just let her go to give the show a bit more gravitas.

    The question I have now is do the Russians have their own powerful psychic or two? How the hell were they able the capture all of them demogorons and part of the mind flayer? Will they be introduced in he final season and join Eleven when she has the final confrontation with Mr Shadow Spider thing?

    i'd bet the russians are going to play a significant role in season 5, maybe not an antagonistic one since at this point it's looking like the threat is on a much larger, apocalyptic scale

  • @AnneBonny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040282#Comment_3040282

    i'd bet the russians are going to play a significant role in season 5, maybe not an antagonistic one since at this point it's looking like the threat is on a much larger, apocalyptic scale

    Yea, I think its pretty much a given. We already know there are gifted other than Eleven, its reasonable to conclude that Russia was experimenting on them like the U.S. was.

    On another note, while I am a fan of stories having some gravitas, I feel like they were foreshadowing Steve's death in the future. It basically feels like he is going to end up sacrificing himself for "the one that got away". If they do it right, it could be epic, but I don't want his sexy scoops and beautiful hair to go.

  • I’m mad that they killed off Eddie… he was an amazing character. Should’ve been Jonathan!