A possible way to solve face/proxy camping.

I have thought of a way that can solve possibly all camping. I've seen a lot of ideas thrown around that killers should be punished for staying too close to hooks, but how about instead of giving the killer negative feedback, we give them positive feedback. Instead of punishing staying near the hook, reward leaving hooks.

So here is my idea, for every 16 m between the killer and a hooked survivor the killer gains a 1% haste bonus (not sure about the numbers, maybe its too strong, maybe too weak), this would encourage killers to leave the hook, as it is prime time to get into a chase because you have an advantage. So while it makes the killer feel rewarded, it also solves face/proxy camping because the killer will leave the hook, it also doesn't encourage staying barely out of the area of effect because it gives the affect gradually the further away you are.

And what I faced a bunch of times, is having two people hooked close to each other, and rather than leaving and losing a lot of pressure for no reason I stay to get pretty much just profits, because the survivors can't really do gens and are forced to come rescue. So I belive if this effect were to stack it would make it a great option for the killer to leave instead of camping out the hooks, which would make life better for both sides, the killer gets his decent advantage in a chase, and the survivors are free to unhook now that the killer has left.

I belive this isn't so strong that it breaks the game, but provides QoL for both sides in small ways, but where it would be too strong is maybe when 3 survivors are on one side of the map and the hooked survivor is in the opposite corner. The killer would get an insane amount of haste at the other side of the map, so there should be a cap of 3-5% haste per hooked survivor. 5% is no more than a stack of Play with Your Food, and I've used PwYF on max (3) stacks and it is a considerable, but not game breaking speed boost, so I think it would be a nice % to cap it at per survivor hooked. 5% would also give ample distance as you would need to be 80 meters away to get it, which is far enough away from the hook so that the survivors can unhook comfortably.

Comments