PTB Has An Endurance Meta & It's Broken
BHVR have acknowledged that killers lose more often therefore wanted this update to buff the killers more than the survivors, however the opposite has happened. Here are my criticisms
1. Very early game I do notice the killer buffs, emphasis on only very early game because the moment I get the first hook things quickly go down hill and its strongly survivor sided. Taking 4 hits to down multiple persons throughout the game and it can take even more than 4 at times depending on their perks & the situation which waste so much time and is insanely frustrating to play against.
2. BHVR nerfed DS as to not be a free end game win but doesn't disable endurance effects when the gates are opened, which is also a free win.
3. This is just an endurance body blocking meta. Every game someone's using multiple endurance effects and survivors are being more brave towards killers, this is really abused and busted with swf because they can be used in tandem with each other + on each survivor
4. This encourages camping. Now camping is a legitimate tactic according to BHVR and it's an awful one too. If you camp / when I'm camped I get mad when survivors try to rescue me, if you're effective you can knock out so many gens so it's a free win, the only reason people camp and why it may be good is because people get off gens to help. That's the equivalent to me looping a killer for minutes and realizing no ones working on gens, make my looping / camped state mean something, take advantage of it. However with that being said, all these endurance effects make me not want to leave the person being hooked, I do not want them to be unhooked. I mean you already have DH so you can time it and unhook them already even if I'm camping but it encourages me to stay close cause I've noticed how much harder the game is after I hook the first person.
Endurance should not be an effect that is easily or commonly granted, it is very strong and needs given sparingly with considerations of how it interacts with other perks. They've been giving it to freely in this update
Solution
- Endurance effects disable when the gates are opened (perhaps powered)
- Endurance effects cannot be used in tandem with other endurance effects (similar to exhaustion)
- Being healed 1 health state disables it (only when healing is completed, not just tapped. If you've been fully healed you're not being tunneled which is the point of these perks so you don't need endurance anymore, you're safe)
Comments