The Shrine Of Secrets Change
Is the Shrine of Secrets going to be worth is post rework as a way to unlock perks for others killers/survivors?
I mean, think about it. 9,000 Iridescent Shards are needed to obtain a character, you can Prestige 3 that character to obtain all shareable perks on other characters, while it does require some amount of work put into that character, buying perks from the Shrine is 2,000 IS for Tier 1, 4,000 IS for Tier 2, and 6,000 IS for Tier 3. Obtaining all T3 perks of a character through the Shrine will cost 18,000 IS, double that of the character itself.
While you dont have to grind and can passively obtain the perks you want through the Shrine, I think players will start to opt out of it when comparing the prices, or will resort to only buying the T1 perks from the Shrine.
I think the most frustrating change is the amount of Bloodpoints obtained by purchasing a perk already T3... 100,000 Bloodpoints. The current price of perks would provide 150,000 Bloodpoints for 2,000 IS (4,000 IS if you dont own the perk already) in comparison to 100,000 Bloodpoints for 2,000 IS (8,000 IS if you dont own the perk T3 already). This is a complete downgrade. I know they plan on making things easier to get but the time investment needed to get the Iridescent Shards needed PLUS needing a T3 Shareable perk makes me think people wont use this system for Bloodpoints.
Comments
Considering that currently buying a perk from the SoS merely unlocks it on the bloodwebs, while buying that perk for the first time will now unlock it as a permanent perk at Tier 1 on all characters, that first 2,000 IS is definitely more valuable.
If you wanted the perk at Tier 3 on all characters, you're playing 6,000 IS to save yourself potentially hundreds of thousands of BP on levelling those characters. Instead of grinding out 2 specific perks on 30 different characters, you get it on all of them instantly.
IF, big ifs. Considering how many perks you will now already have unlocked on characters automatically, you're likely going to go into the new system with half of the grind ahead of you than you have right now, and grinding out the Tier 2 and 3 versions of those perks will be remarkably easier.
I already stated that only benefit to obtaining perks from the Shrine is the reduced amount of grind, but again, I think players that care about IS will still opt out of buying perks from the Shrine unless it's for a licensed character and such.
The time it takes to P3 a character (especially now since you wont lose youre build each time) will be much much faster than the time it takes to get 6000 shards. Just never play that character and dump BP into them if you really hate a character that much but want their perks. Shrine will only be useful for liscenced killer's perks imo.
Again I dont mind that personally, I myself never used the Shrine that much anyways, I just dont want the Shrine to become this thing that other people dont use anymore, since they are effectively changing what is and isnt worth doing with the Prestige and Shrine reworks.
Sad this is that is how I see the shrine going. It will be a way for new players to get meta perks for DLCs they dont own but other than that pointless if you want to tier up the perks you have on everyone.