6.1.0 Feedback / Suggestions

I have played since Day 1 and haven't really been excited by many changes that have been done to the game. There's no meaningful ranked rewards for a competitive scene and the current emblem system is clunky and has too much variance opposed to the old bloodpoint pip system, 9k/13k/16k? I think it was. Some games I must give up objective points to constantly rescue teammates but then I'm penalized for it in iridescent ranks. If I gen rush all game and never get seen by the killer because I play an immersed game, I'm penalized even with escaping I don't pip. If my entire team plays exceedingly well and we really don't get hit or chased by the killer we get penalized... and some of us or all don't get rank ups either.


[Iron Will Segment / Prestige]

With this segment being said I saw the proposed changes for 6.1.0 and was happy that something I've been asking for for years is finally being done. The prestige system is being looked at as well general game duration and perk updates. 6.1.0 has the potential to be an incredible step forward for DBD, what concerns me is certain perks have been nerfed way too heavily [Iron Will & Self-care] iron will as you stated is usually used by better survivors to mind game killers and get a juke or outplay, removing and lessening this interaction is worse for the game. The killer is forced to use sight tracking and not use their hearing sense which is a really great interaction from the killer side as well. When I'm killing and someone mind games or jukes me with Iron Will I applaud the LoS break and then being quiet (can still look for blood trails and or where scratch marks ended)


[Self care]

This perk is sitting at a ~20% use rate after being nerfed already from back in the day. It's 50% of the normal healing rate and gives 20% healing item efficiency. You're nerfing the healing... AND entirely removing the efficiency from it while it sits at only a 20% use rate... Removing the 20% efficiency was more than enough, it doesn't make sense to gut it further to 35% healing Rank 3, this isn't the right direction at all in a perk that's used in 1/5th~ the loadouts.


The rest of the changes I saw to both killer and survivor seemed really positive.

  • - Dead hard has been out of line for years now and now is a perk that requires some skill to time right when the killer's hit is landing and then will give a MS% boost.
  • - The Bloodlust changes seems good to shave off a few seconds on BL 2
  • - The pallet destruction buff +10% faster and the attack swings are good directions
  • - Camping / tunneling killers


Proposed Changes / Insights


  • Self Care healing item efficiency Removed [maintains 50% healing speed]
  • Iron will left untouched
  • changes to pip up scoring to be more predictable and standardized

  • end game hatch stand offs to have more counterplay [Currently if killer finds it and closes it which takes like 5-6 seconds or less, the last remaining survivors is basically screwed] You guys have the data on this one but I'm pretty sure depending on if the map is massive or not the last survivor can only escape probably in like 10% or less of those games. When I'm playing killer it just seems stale that if the last survivor doesn't find the hatch they basically have nearly no chance of surviving.

  • The hatch needs to be looked at with the interaction with skeleton keys, it no longer appears after 4 generators are done so even if I have a skeleton key it only matters if I can find the closed hatch while the end game timer is ticking, the item just feels lackluster compared to how it used to be.

  • Ranked rewards / cosmetics or something for bragging rights to keep people grinding to Rank 1 every month. (1,000,000 bloodpoints is nice but it's nothing to write home about compared to something that is retired after each month or season in regards to grinding.

  • All in all though 6.1.0 looks to be an amazing step forward and am looking forward to seeing where everything lands once it drops. RIP to all my items and add ons that have been wasted when P3ing all my Killers and survivors :'(


OH OH OH, and ADD a full motorcyclist cosmetic for Yui! helmet with the visor down and all with leather jacket and pants, it would be FIRE!!!


;)

Comments

  • I certainly agree that the majority of these changes are good, but I have to ask- what possible reason would survivors have to stop running Iron Will if it's left entirely unchanged?

  • I don't understand how dead hard somehow requires more skill than before. You put the killer in a position where they have to swing or you extend the loop and you push E. Same thing as now. You can tell when the killer has to swing in any given chase.