How will prestige catch up be calculated?

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see in the dev update how exactly prestige levels will be calculated for the catch up. The only thing I saw under Transitioning to the New System is "When the system releases, we’ll be automatically awarding existing players an appropriate number of prestige levels based on how many perk tiers they’ve unlocked." but that doesn't really explain exactly how the levels after p3 will be calculated or how they will be calculated for those that didn't prestige at all.

How do we know we received the appropriate number of prestige levels if we don't know how they are calculating it? I'm worried because when they removed the Hawkins offerings and gave out 100k BP to some players but other players got way more BP (some over 1 million) many of us that only got 100k knew it wasn't equal to the amount of BP we spent on the offerings in our inventories.

Did I miss them explain how the levels will be calculated or is that small bit in the dev update it?

Comments

  • Other than what you've posted they have not outlined the details of the 'catch up' mechanic other than it'll be based on your unlocked perk tiers. We'll find out on Tuesday most likely (potentially on Monday's stream).

  • I'm wondering the same thing. I've levelled up my Plague an excessive amount of times - she has about 100 of each iri addon - but she doesn't have every perk available on account of me not bothering to unlock certain teachables I considered bloodweb clutter. And even then, I'm wondering, like... is P3-50 with all perks going to be an immediate P6? P9? A ballpark of what we're looking at and what the maximum jump is would be nice.

    Also, yeah, the Hawkins rewards seemed pretty random. Knowing what to expect would be nice so that players can ask for reimbursements if something doesn't add up.

  • They probably know how much BP you spend total and will assign a flat cost to each lvl, as to get an approximation which prestige level you would have reached if you had spend all that BP in the new system. Don't forget that you can't stay on lvl 50 indefinitely now, but that after lvl 50 your next bloodweb will only contain a singel node that let's you prestige.

  • @Laluzi said:

    I'm wondering the same thing. I've levelled up my Plague an excessive amount of times - she has about 100 of each iri addon - but she doesn't have every perk available on account of me not bothering to unlock certain teachables I considered bloodweb clutter. And even then, I'm wondering, like... is P3-50 with all perks going to be an immediate P6? P9? A ballpark of what we're looking at and what the maximum jump is would be nice.

    I've missed out on claiming perks because I went for an event item/offering and entity took the perk before I could get to it. I've also spent BP on characters that I maxed out on perks because I was collecting event items/addons on them. So if it's perks alone does that mean those that p3 max perks would all be p9 then even if one p3 max they stopped putting in BP at max perk level but their main they put in a ton of BP after maxing them out?

  • @Laluzi said:

    I'm wondering the same thing. I've levelled up my Plague an excessive amount of times - she has about 100 of each iri addon - but she doesn't have every perk available on account of me not bothering to unlock certain teachables I considered bloodweb clutter. And even then, I'm wondering, like... is P3-50 with all perks going to be an immediate P6? P9? A ballpark of what we're looking at and what the maximum jump is would be nice.

    Likely around P7.

    With 97 killer perks, thats 291 perk tiers.

    Going from 1-50 gets you about 60 perk tiers. Which means 291 is around 4.85 'sets of 50'. Add to that the 3 from your P3 and you should be breaking 7 even if you don't have quite every perk unlocked.

    If you did have every possible perk available, the max should be P7.85, so almost P8.