My thoughts on the new patch notes, Then going through each perk
I debated on whether or not I should do this but I think that there were a bunch of unnecessary changes. Some inoffensive perks were completely gutted. For the record I think most of it was A+ great changes. I just have some concerns
The killer buffs were completely warranted to bring good balance to the game so long as some of the scummy killer tactics were deincentivized. You made a section about camping and tunneling and didnt even address camping. I mean at all. Which is bizarre to me. To top it off your fix for tunneling was basekit bt for 5 seconds. 5! A killer who is going to tunnel waited out 12. Just in case they had bt. Not because the survivors actually had it just because it was so common. I hope I'm wrong and the the changes are everything you hope they will be but as it stand I dont think camping and tunneling were addressed at all.
On to perks. Which I feel like maybe some of these were done the way they were to force players to use other perks. So with that taken into consideration I'm moving on with the intention of still making them good but not meta. If bhvr's intention was to just make people not run certain perks so be it but I'm going to suggest changes that will still make some of them viable still if I have ideas. Otherwise I'll just give opinions. Also I'm ok with a bunch of the gen def perks getting gutted so long as the killer buffs make them not necessary like they intend.
BBQ- The aura reading isnt that good and countered heavily by lots of other perks or just getting into a locker. I would suggest maybe making the aura reading better? Or add a different effect entirely otherwise i dont see this perk being used anymore.
Ruin- I'm going to say this about all hexs. They should have small residual effects after the hex is gone. They are gone to fast to justify what little they do. Now with these nerfs More then ever. I dont see anyone running it anymore.
Pop- I'm actually ok with this.
Corrupt- Same
Tinkerer- This is one of those non offensive perks I was talking about. With the regression perks being nerfed I dont see it as necessary, but I acknowledge that I can be wrong on it.
NOED- I am biased and hate noed lol so anything to nerf it is a positive to me. I still think it should have been reworked to have a healthier effect though.
Pain resonance- I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I think the info was more valuable then the regression. I get not being able to pair it with dms anymore but why not light the gens aura up to know which one was effected?
DH- I'm going to wait till ptb to see if it was buffed or nerfed. I'm leaning to nerfed but people are making good arguments as to how it can be seen as a buff. Which imo DH needed a nerf.
DS- Another that was gutted and I have no Idea why after it was already nerfed to healthy spot. This coupled with the whole camping and tunneling section. Really confuses me. I think DS was fine
BT- I'm of the controversial opinion that it should have just been basekit and then make the perk do something else. Obviously giving it to all unhooks that way would need to be monitored for issues but 5 seconds is seriously nothing. Also can be wrong on this one. Ptb could come around and 5sec might be just fine.
IW- I think this is a good change.
Self care- Gutted an already bad perk imo, and I think its because you dont want it coupled with COH? if thats the case i think its a bad change.
Spine Chill- I think the only thing anyone ever complained about was the fact it could track undetectable killers. Outside of that it was relatively inoffensive. Now with even the vault speed gone. It is completely gutted and I think will never see use.
Overcharge- Very interesting change. I'll have to wait till ptb to see how powerful it is.
Eruption- Any buff to it is welcomed it was kind of a dud on release imo
Knock out- I find this to be an odd choice considering that it will only hurt soloq
Coulrophobia- I think this is a neat idea
Dark devotion- I've thought it should have been like this since its release
Jolt- Another neat change
Lethal Pursuer- Big fan of it not being useless outside of the start of the match. Underrated perk imo
Gift of pain- I'm ok with this
Thana- same
Monstrous Shrine- I also think that this is make your choice camping bait. I think this perk could turn out to be a problem especially since the survivor objective is longer now.
Calm Spirit- I dont think opening things slower is warranted. They are already giving up a perk slot for it.
Sabo- neat change
Botany Knowledge- Another odd change.I'm not sure how effective it will be though.
Off the Record- Wow 80 sec is a long time. Weird how you gave this perk DS's other use. Might be why you took it away from ds.
Lucky Break- I like this change
Pharmacy- same
Sole Survivor- same
Distortion- same
Lightweight- same
Deja Vu- I'm always hesitant when perks affect gen speeds, but maybe it being 90 sec now it wont be that big of a deal.
No One Left Behind- Sure, I still wont use it. Its one of those perks that its a gamble wether or not itll even see use in the match. Which I'm not a fan of.
Dark Sense- A good change
Tenacity- same
Hope- same but I'm a bit concerned with all this haste going around now.
Overzealous- I dont like perks that effect gen speeds like this, but I guess its a gamble.
WGLF- See you gave this perk an additional effect. Why not bbq too? That being said it makes soul guard even less appealing then it already was.
Overall very good changes minus the tunneling and camping ones. Thanks for reading
Comments
serious question. Why do you think new iron will is fine? It was gutted just like the other ones you thought were gutted. I’m totally fine with it being 75% reduction, that’s a good nerf but the “deactivated when exhausted” part? That just seems ridiculous to me. Literally can’t use it with basically any exhaustion perk. Sprint burst is activated immediately, lithe is usually used towards the beginning of a chase (plus that’s the whole point of running lithe+ iron will. To run away and have the killer have a harder time finding you. But that’s not possible lol) same with smash hit, etc.
It doesnt just silence grunts of pain. It silences breathing too. I'm ok with this change. Now spirit isnt hard countered by 1 perk. If they made it so that all the other sounds were normal I'd be ok with it still being 100%. Its a toss up on the exhaustion thing. I think both effects might be too much but Iron Will was kind of annoying to me because of the first thing I stated. So I'm ok with it being not meta anymore.
I just wished they fixed the audio on iron will instead of changing the numbers on it. Iron will was fun to use with lucky break, but now that combo kind of is ruined. It can still work, but it is way less effective. Time to use knock off iron will by bringing bite the bullet. (Bite the Bullet is actually a clutch perk at times even though my friend tells me to shut up every time i say that)
I think it's absolutely hilarious that they pretty much nerfed Calm Spirit instead of buffing it. Being quiet while blessing a totem/cleansing a totem can come in clutch if it's a hex and someone brings the killer to you or if the killer is patrolling the totem, but a lot of the times the totem is visible from most sides so the killer will see you anyway. I could maybe see a small slowdown to help combat this so hexes aren't as vulnerable, but having the slowdown for chests and dulls is such a bummer. If you're opening a chest or cleansing/blessing a totem while injured, you're usually try to get a quick desperate heal. At that point, calm spirit is hurting you more than it's worth.
I love the perk lucky break so I'm excited for that buff too.
Pharmacy I'm a little nervous about people stealing chests. I also don't want to steal chests from others, but I enjoy opening chests for items. This perk will never be popular though, so I don't they'll look at it again if there are issues with it.
So excited for WGLF. I was already going to use this perk because it is in my normal build. I love doing risky quick pick ups on slugs, so now this perk is even better.
Overall, I'm very excited to try new builds. I'm thinking about an end game build on survivor side. I do a lot of end game altruism so I might mess around with a total end game build when I do duos. It's definitely going to be an interesting summer as they roll out this big update and probably make very quick fixes if things are out of hand. There'll probably be a bunch of bugs too just because of the shear number of perks they changed that could cause weird interactions with other gameplay aspects.