Should developers bring back the old mist?

A long time ago, DbD used to have thicker mist, and distant objects were blurred. Imo, they created a very strong atmosphere, it felt eerie, unreal, like a dream.

Screenshot_20220624-104425.jpg Screenshot_20220624-104402.jpg


Comments

  • DUDE, finally someone knows what this is. It's called depth of field when objects in the distance are blurred creating a horror movie type feel. I absolutly loved that and miss it so much, it was my favorite atmosphere and also the really eerie noises too. I loved the mist but there was a point where all you had to do was crouch in it and it was impossible to see you.

  • It's probably not gonna happen, but hopefully the fog returns one day. It would make mist offerings actually do something, too.

  • 100%, makes the game more interesting

  • Despite the fact that I mostly play killer, and mist mostly helps survivors, I am all for bringing back effective mist (and darkening the super-bright stages we've been getting).

    The atmosphere of the game is far more important than I think the folks at BHVR realize in this day and age.