New Dead Hard Is Better Specifically Against Trickster?

Overall, I am happy with the Dead Hard change and am not requesting in any way that it gets reverted to its past form. I'm simply analyzing how effective it may be specifically against the Trickster.

The old Dead Hard did not matter much to Trickster. Dodging a finishing blow knife did not matter when Trickster has a decent amount in his arsenal. However, this new Dead Hard procs the endurance status effect. This means if a Trickster manages to hit a player with 5 knives and a survivor activates Dead Hard at the right moment of the 6th knife about to land, the survivor instead will enter the deep wound state with a small speed boost and Trickster will have to hit 6 knives all over again.

However, I actually prefer this change. Knowing when to activate this new Dead Hard at the right moment of being hit with any attack will obviously require skill, especially against Trickster's knives. I'm looking forward to going against this in matches and seeing how useful of counterplay it can be against all killers in general. This is assuming Dead Hard still gets used in matches to some degree.

Comments

  • You can still bait it out at least since there will be a visual que

    Curious to see how it works

  • I didn't think about that. Yet another thing to try on the PTB. (I will not however, I'm not very experienced with that one)

    @Brokenbones said:

    You can still bait it out at least since there will be a visual que

    Curious to see how it works

    I'm eager to try to bait a new DH as Nurse and see if I manage to get it or if I get no other choice than go into fatigue.

  • It's great that they got rid of the distance but I wish they would have just changed the perk to do something else entirely. The having to hump the survivor to bait out his dead hard gameplay is stupid unfun

  • @drsoontm said:

    I didn't think about that. Yet another thing to try on the PTB. (I will not however, I'm not very experienced with that one)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022194#Comment_3022194

    I'm eager to try to bait a new DH as Nurse and see if I manage to get it or if I get no other choice than go into fatigue.

    Either way ur nurse so.

  • @Veinslay said:

    It's great that they got rid of the distance but I wish they would have just changed the perk to do something else entirely. The having to hump the survivor to bait out his dead hard gameplay is stupid unfun

    i dont even mind that its used for distance, Im mad that that distance has no meaningful pre requisite like sprint burst or lithe

  • @Veinslay said:

    It's great that they got rid of the distance but I wish they would have just changed the perk to do something else entirely. The having to hump the survivor to bait out his dead hard gameplay is stupid unfun

    Yep.

    The point is to know if the new DH is better or worse against Nurse. If it's better, it's kind of a good move (assuming it's not better against other killers too)

    @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022313#Comment_3022313

    i dont even mind that its used for distance, Im mad that that distance has no meaningful pre requisite like sprint burst or lithe

    It kind of has one though : being hurt.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022313#Comment_3022313

    Yep.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022316#Comment_3022316

    The point is to know if the new DH is better or worse against Nurse. If it's better, it's kind of a good move (assuming it's not better against other killers too)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022378#Comment_3022378

    It kind of has one though : being hurt.

    Thats why I said meaningful, being hurt is a negative. Such a strong perk for failing is gross, while Sprintburst, lithe, smashhit have a skillful aspect

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022682#Comment_3022682

    Thats why I said meaningful, being hurt is a negative. Such a strong perk for failing is gross, while Sprintburst, lithe, smashhit have a skillful aspect

    I see what you mean.

  • @Remedicist said:

    Overall, I am happy with the Dead Hard change and am not requesting in any way that it gets reverted to its past form. I'm simply analyzing how effective it may be specifically against the Trickster.

    The old Dead Hard did not matter much to Trickster. Dodging a finishing blow knife did not matter when Trickster has a decent amount in his arsenal. However, this new Dead Hard procs the endurance status effect. This means if a Trickster manages to hit a player with 5 knives and a survivor activates Dead Hard at the right moment of the 6th knife about to land, the survivor instead will enter the deep wound state with a small speed boost and Trickster will have to hit 6 knives all over again.

    However, I actually prefer this change. Knowing when to activate this new Dead Hard at the right moment of being hit with any attack will obviously require skill, especially against Trickster's knives. I'm looking forward to going against this in matches and seeing how useful of counterplay it can be against all killers in general. This is assuming Dead Hard still gets used in matches to some degree.

    It's likely much better on Trickster. If someone uses current dead hard on Trickster's last knife, they dodge the hit, and you still only need one more knife to knock them to the ground. With new dead hard, they get a free speed boost, and it resets your knife count back down to zero.


    It's also much better on huntress, since she makes a loud noise when she throws. Dead hard on reaction to the throw, and instead of a small dash, they get a free speed boost for distance.