BHV needs to be clear about what will happen to teachables we've already unlocked by getting lvl 40

A lot of people simply level a survivor/killer to 40 to get their teachables and then never touch them again. With the new system will we have to level all of those level 40 characters to P1 now to keep their teachables in the bloodweb, or will we still have the teachables unlocked?

Comments

  • I think nothing changes in that regard, if you have character lvl 40 but not prestiged, you can still find their perks in web randomly. If you prestige them, you gain their perks at tier 1 on all characters without needing to find them and buy them in the bloodwebs

  • They'll continue to work, and you'll even receive the tier 1 versions of the perks on your other characters automatically.

  • I'm confused about how 'the shrine' comes into play. I'd say good chunk of my perks come from the shrine. So If I bought 'Lithe' and 'Alert' through the shrine but I only got Feng to 30 for Technician, what exactly happens to my character?

  • @Peanits said:

    They'll continue to work, and you'll even receive the tier 1 versions of the perks on your other characters automatically.

    would we keep getting them in bloodwebs in case we dont want to prestige a character whose teachables we're using?

    i/e I have artist lvl 40 and right now I have her teachable perks appearing in bloodwebs of my other killers, but what happens after the update if I decide to get her teachables on a characters I haven't got them so far?

  • @TeleportingTurkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020139#Comment_3020139

    would we keep getting them in bloodwebs in case we dont want to prestige a character whose teachables we're using?

    i/e I have artist lvl 40 and right now I have her teachable perks appearing in bloodwebs of my other killers, but what happens after the update if I decide to get her teachables on a characters I haven't got them so far?

    According to the developer response on this thread, your artist perks will automatically appear on all your other characters since you unlocked the teachables under the current system.

  • @ShyPirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020346#Comment_3020346

    According to the developer response on this thread, your artist perks will automatically appear on all your other characters since you unlocked the teachables under the current system.

    tier 1 or tier 3? according to them it's just tier 1 and not a word about them being in a bloodweb

  • @TeleportingTurkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020398#Comment_3020398

    tier 1 or tier 3? according to them it's just tier 1 and not a word about them being in a bloodweb

    Tier 1, but any perks you have will continue to appear in the bloodweb.

  • @TeleportingTurkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020398#Comment_3020398

    tier 1 or tier 3? according to them it's just tier 1 and not a word about them being in a bloodweb

    Automatically unlocked at tier 1.

    Basically it seems like there are two distinct changes being made:

    1. Teachables are moving from levels 30/35/40, to level 50 via Prestige.
    2. Teachables now unlock automatically at tier 1, instead of merely being made available on the blood web, and subsequent unlocking of a Teachable increases that to tier 2 and 3 respectively.

    With the additional caveat of "Anything already unlocked remains unlocked".

    You've already unlocked the Teachables, therefore see #2.

    Anyone you now get to level 40-49 before the changes go live, you're effectively getting a free Prestige on in terms of Teachable unlocks.

    So theoretically, if you level every character to level 49 now, then after the changes go live you level them to 50 and Prestige, should grab you an automatic Tier 2 of their perks on all other characters.

  • @Peanits said:

    They'll continue to work, and you'll even receive the tier 1 versions of the perks on your other characters automatically.

    This is great news!

  • @Butirt said:

    A lot of people simply level a survivor/killer to 40 to get their teachables and then never touch them again. With the new system will we have to level all of those level 40 characters to P1 now to keep their teachables in the bloodweb, or will we still have the teachables unlocked?

    Seems clear enough to me.

    From the dev post, under Transitioning to The New System:

    It's also important that you don’t lose anything when the system is updated. You will keep any perks and bloody prestige cosmetics that you’ve already unlocked.