Double base regression instead of increasing generator repair time

Current base regression (-0.25 charges/second) is extremely poor and underwhelming. It takes 40 seconds to undo 10 seconds of progress. I think it would be better if generator repair times were kept at 80, but regression rates were bumped up to -0.5 charges/second.

Stuff like Ruin would be 100% to match instead of its current 200%. That way, base regression in of itself is more helpful. I think the kick doing 2.5% damage instantly is a very good change, but I think it should also be paired with a base regression buff rather than a generator repair time increase.

This is me specifically addressing just this topic. "BUT WHAT ABOUT (insert other thing) IN THE MIDCHAPTER NOTES" If compensation is needed elsewhere, then do it.

Comments

  • I agree. Increasing gen repair time is only going to make the most boring aspect of the game even more boring. I understand the nerf is to help killers maintain pressure but this issue should've been addressed in a different way.

    The current problem I feel is that some maps are simply too big or safe for M1 killers to keep up. Eyrie of Crows and the Red Forest are both way too big, and Eyrie in particular suffers from being both too large and having too much verticality. Maps like Badham and Garden of Joy have too many safe pallets and infinites available.

    That being said, I understand that reworking entire maps is a resource intensive undertaking. Increasing the base regression and also base kick to 5% instead of 2.5% would've been a good middle ground until they are able to address larger design problems.